One Year Anniversary!!!

azfishgal

What a difference a year makes!!! (Luckily I was able to take these pictures before one of my ballasts went bad.
)
I sure learned more than I ever imagined when I first started up this tank. It's been hard work, trial and error, but it's been well worth it. Here are some pics to show the progress (LOTS, AND LOTS of pics, so I'll let you know when I'm done downloading.)
125 gallon reef ready tank
Two 250W 14K MHs with Mini-Luminarc Reflectors
March 3, 2007 - Wow, look at that WHITE sand. (w/o MHs)

June 4, 2007 - This shows the sump and not much has changed below, pretty much looks the same. (w/o MHs)

February 28, 2008 - One Year Later!!! New Aquascape was done about one month ago.

Here is the the full set-up. My husband built the stand and canopy. It's made out of cherry wood. (Next order of business, to get a dining table that matches my stand/canopy.
)

And here are some pics of the corals that I have........

More to come.......

azfishgal

Aug. 28, 2007 - I wanted to show this picture to show you how big my toadstool has grown. It's right under the Anthias and above my Hippo Tang. Now go back up to look at todays full tank shot!

OK, I think I'm done downloading pics. I hope you've enjoyed looking back.

azfishgal

How could I forget about my fish!!!! I still have everyone except the Goby, may he RIP. Oh, and I have two Clowns and two Bangaii Cardinals.

OK, I'm really done now.

kwolfskill

Originally Posted by azfishgal
http:///forum/post/2498799
Thanks!
His name is Sammy and he's 2 years old. We call him wiggle butt.

Of course you call him "wiggle butt", he's a Cocker Spaniel. We called our Cocker (AKC name "Knight of the May Reign" because we got him on a "rainy May night", but in reality "Barney") "Wiggle Butt" all the time because, it just fit. I think all Cockers get called "Wiggle Butt" at some point. Barney was a great dog.
Love the tank!
I'm curious, it looks like the right end of the tank is next to some windows. Does the extra light coming in the windows cause you any problems at that end? I'm fighting some algea problems that started at the end of my tank nearest our large sky lights, and have been told that the extra light is my problem.
Again, Great Job!

h3b

Looks fantastic. I also have a 125g for about a year but its not nearly as good as yours.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by kwolfskill
http:///forum/post/2499042
Love the tank!
I'm curious, it looks like the right end of the tank is next to some windows. Does the extra light coming in the windows cause you any problems at that end? I'm fighting some algea problems that started at the end of my tank nearest our large sky lights, and have been told that the extra light is my problem.
Again, Great Job!

I make sure the sunlight does not hit the tank. I usually don't have the blinds open that much until closer to evening, but I wanted to show the color of the stand, so I opened them more. There is also a sliding glass door facing the tank, but again, I keep the blinds closed most of the time. I do get more algea in my tank than my sump, so I'm sure it has some effect on it. But, my Tangs do a good job keeping it at bay. Natural food.