ooohhh boy

mboswell1982

ok guys, i got a what if for all of you guys.
i want you guys to come up with a stock list for a 14'x14'x3' deep lagoonal reef, totally peaceful, totally communal.
my personal list i was thinking of
12 pairs of mated clowns, each with their own separate island in the lagoon, with an anemone
4-5 schools of wrasses, 1 school of 5 separate species, not sure if it will work or not, but i dont know LOL. 1 male and 4 females per school.
a large, 10 or more, school of chromis
and im not sure if this will work, but i dont know for sure, so here goes
several pairs of assorted angel fish
now, the tank size comes out to 4399 gallons of water, so im guess u could probably keep 100+ fish in here no problem at all
and i know, i havent even begun to list gobis and blennies and clean up crew, so if you guys wanna throw that in, feel free :p
and yes, i know, i come up with some totally weird stuff at times, but, the gf wants a big reef after seeing bang guy's, so, i guess we're gonna build one in our basement when we get our house, but not for a couple years LOL i want our smaller tanks first daggumit LOL

kydizzle41

what i would for fish: 4 pairs of occelaris clowns 2 pairs black and white other pairs regular. 2 pairs of pink skunk clowns.
2 pairs of gold stripe maroon clowns. 2 mandarin gobies, 5 neon gobies,4 fire fish 2 purple and 2 regular. 3 pairs of bangai cardinals. 4 yellow watch men gobies. 3 bicolor blennies. 1 coral beauty angel. assorted anthias and 15 green chromis's.also 5 cleaner wrasses.
what i would do for clean up crew:
100 turbo snails
100 nassaris(sorry about spelling)
15 sand sifting stars
15 brittle stars
100 blue leg hermits
50 cleaner shrimp
5 really large lawn mower blennies
lr about 800 to 900 lbs
inverts:
2 blue linkia starfish
2 orange linkia starfish
2 purple linkia starfish
2 red linkia starfish
4 very large bta's
4 very large sebae anemones
4 sexy shrimp

mboswell1982

thats a sweet lookin list man, i think id add 4 schools of wrasses as follows:
1 school of red velvet wrasses, 1 male, and 5-6 females
1 school of long fin fairy wrasses, again, 1 male and 5-6 females
1 school of mccosker's fairy wrasses, same as the others
1 school of carpenter's flasher wrasses, same as before lol

mboswell1982

and i really like the idea of multiple species of clowns, instead of all the same species, thanks for that idea man, im lovin that one :D

mboswell1982

did u see the wrasse list im thinkinga bout? its 4 schools of 5-6 wrasses each, one school of each of those species i listed, 1 male and 4-5 females per school :D

mboswell1982

and in our DT's we're doing next summer, the gf is gonna have a school of red velvets in hers, and i think im gonna do a school of long fin fairy's in mine :D

mboswell1982

have you seen bang guy's, one of the mods, lagoon? its a 900 gallon lagoonal reef he build out of plywood, well, we're gonna do ours outta concrete :p cause we can get it done for free that way
lol my gf's brother, my future brother in law lol, owns a construction company, and specializes in concrete work, so he's willin to pour it for us, once we get our place with a nice big daylight basement, for free as a wedding present, woot woot LOL and then we'll seal it with some kinda saltwater safe sealer, put 2 big plexiglass windows in it, so we can see into it from the sides and go from there :D

1990jpyj

i say you get some experence on the smallr tanks before you build this giant lagoon in your basement. JK sounds like everybodys dream. what kind of lights are you thinking for this huge thing?

mboswell1982

on that huge thing? i havent even begun to think about lights, its still in the early planning stages LOL except i know with the depth, im gonna have to run MH's cause its gonna be reef, so i know im lookin at an easy 10 grand alone in lights, if not much much more LOL
3 foot deep is gonna make lighting a bit of a pain im guessing LOL
and on top of that, its prolly 5 years down the road or so, once we get oru place, get settled, and have the money to set it up, even though the tank itself will be free, everything else will not be anywhere near free LOL