Oooohhhh damnnn. Anemone stuck in filter..

floods7

I didnt even have him close to the filter and over night he got himself stuck. I have the filter shut off, but what is my next move? just wait?

meowzer

Leave the filter off....do not try to force the anemone off, in a little while see if it will let go..ALSO......VERY IMPORTANT.....get a foam pre-filter to cover the intake asap....dothis on your powerheads too
ESPECIALLY if your anemone is a roamer

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/389950/oooohhhh-damnnn-anemone-stuck-in-filter#post_3449908
Leave the filter off....do not try to force the anemone off, in a little while see if it will let go..ALSO......VERY IMPORTANT.....get a foam pre-filter to cover the intake asap....dothis on your powerheads too
ESPECIALLY if your anemone is a roamer
+1 million. Also, your anemone maybe roaming because the tank is not appropriate for the anemone.

S

smallreef

yeah... especially being that you dont have strong lights and these nems like to be on sandy bottoms,, youre either going to have to upgrade your lights or find a new home for him before something worse happens...he's going to keep roaming looking for brighter lights

btldreef

I remember this anemone from your other thread. It wasn't healthy to begin with. An unhealthy anemone that was then moved to a new tank is going to be unhappy and start roaming 95% of the time. Given that you also don't have proper lighting for it, this stressed it more, and it started to go for a walk around the tank.

gemmy

Roaming = not happy
Dude.... I just put him in less that 24 hours ago.
Dude.... My sebae never roamed and it's been more than a year since it's been introduced.

gemmy

Roaming = not happy
Dude.... I just put him in less that 24 hours ago.
Dude.... My sebae never roamed and it's been more than a year since it's been introduced.

S

smallreef

sebae's are ones that usually (as long as placed in the sand with enough light) only tend to move along the rocks in the sand to find a better spot.. not completely let go and float...