opinions on fish please

new

ok need some opinions please. just thought out what fish i want for my tank. setup is a 75gl high w/sump, mag7 return, kent nautilis skimmer, fluval 404ph, 2 powersweep 228 ph, gonna end up with 110-120# LR, 80# LS, sump is about 20gl. would like to have as far as fish royal gramma(already have) flame angel, true perc, firefish, and a mandarin. not sure on the mandarin, think the rock will be enough to support him? and what order would you add these fish. setup is 5 months old and stable, nitrates are a bit high, around 40 last check but i got calupera growing in the tank as well as other macros growing that give a nice natural look to the tank.

bang guy

i see no problem with the inhabitant list. The Firefish and Gramma may occationally squabble but not too bad IMO. Firefish are notorious carpet surfers so keep that in mind.
If it were me I would put the Perc in there next followed by:
Firefish
Angel
Mandarin
add them 1 - 2 months apart. Don't add the Mandarin until you see a lot of Ostracodes in the display tank.
Is there any way you can add a refugium?

carrie1429

Your tank sounds like a good setup and those fish will do fine together, the order I would put them in would be: (after the royal gramma)
Clownfish
Mandarin
Flame angel

stupid_naso

My main concern is about the mandarin. Make sure that they have lots of pods to eat. They do need lr to thrive, however IMO large population of pods are important too.
stupid_naso

new

bang guy i have a ecosystem60 hang-on that i used before i went sump, with the overflow box there is no room on the tank but i am still trying to figure out a way to get in the sump but dont think i will be able to with the way it is set up. the reason i was concerned about the mandarin is the pods, couldnt remember if they needed bigger tank or more rock to support the pods. if the tank is large enough i can alway purchase pod stock should he deplete it right?