orange slug in New LR

<3fishchef

Im starting a 12g nano and just got 10 lbs of LR i arranged it nicely in the tank and i noticed an orange slug comming out of one of the pieces. is he/she bad or is it ok to keep?

<3fishchef

i will if i can find him again. i saw him once and then he disappeared. do you have any ideas of what it could be?

<3fishchef

it was smooth and it look like it had a shell for a beannie. it was crawling like a slug. i have no idea. i just hope its not harmful

it is really hard to say without a pic, could be a number of things most of which are not bad at all. Your best time to get a pic will probably be after the tank lights have been off for a hour or more. How big is it?

lubeck

Do they have like a finger-nail-looking shell? Mine are not orange but I hear they can be alot of colors. I am no pro but maybe. Check out the hitchhiker guide.

<3fishchef

i think it looks like those the pictures are kind of blurry. so are they bad?? and do you kno what they are called? thanks
matt

based on what I see no that is not harmful. It looks like a inflated sea slug to be honest, if he dies remove him, otherwise don`t worry.

bang guy

Stomatella varia is an excelent Diatom muncher. They are able to reproduce if tank parameters are ideal.