Ordered a Chiller today

teresaq

Well I did it. With the heat we have been having so far this summer, I do not want to take any chances. I ordered a chiller for my tank.
Luckly I found one on clearance for 239.00 for a 1/10 hp. It the cheapest I have been able to find.
T

reefnutpa

Trust me - you will be VERY glad you made the purchase. Chillers give you great peace of mind during very hot weather. While they can be a pricey investment, the price of a chiller is small when compared to possible loss of the entire tank due to a sudden prolonged heat spike.
Tom

teresaq

Our weather has been bad. It was 85 out at 10:00 pm. The heat index has been over a hundred.
That and the new lights this tank have, I havent been able to drop the temp below 80.
T

teresaq

well they cancelled my order for my chiller. They were on clearance and I guess they ran out before my order processed.
Now I have to find another one

teresaq

Yah I know. I found one on sale a couple of weeks ago, but the day I went to order, the sale was over. That my luck.
I found another that is a hundred more. I guess I'll just have to pay it.
T

rykna

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3069882
Yah I know. I found one on sale a couple of weeks ago, but the day I went to order, the sale was over. That my luck.
I found another that is a hundred more. I guess I'll just have to pay it.
T
YAY! Gotta love our hobby. Grocery shopping money includes fish food!

steve2121

i just bought a 1/4 hp for $500...ugh have to go pick it up today. Anyone know how to plumb these things? I have a sump underneath my tank.
I have no idea how to set this thing up, i just know i need it.

teresaq

Sorry, I have not set one up before.
I did order another one today. Had to pay a little more, but hopfully it will be here next week
T