Ordering from saltwater fish.com

gc1962

I have ordered several times from this site but was wanting to know if I order somthing say today or tommorow could I have the delivery date say a week from tommorow as I will be out of town until then. I would hate to have the shippment delivered when no one was here.

meowzer

In the special instructions box....add...please do not ship order before.......
or please do not ship order until.....
get the point....LOL.....

windlasher

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3130821
In the special instructions box....add...please do not ship order before.......
or please do not ship order until.....
get the point....LOL.....
why don't you just wait until you get back? they don't hold fish so things in stock NOW may not be when you get back. I ordered one night to find out that they ran out , even though the system took my order. then if the fish is unhealthy, that may choose to NOT ship it. Just wait.

bms

Maybe he wants to order a special but is afraid it will be over by the time he is back? and if he paid for the product i dont see why they wouldnt delay the shipping. its not like they are losing out on merchandise they may sell during that week because he is already paying for it. i would email them at their support email address but it says under there contact page"
"For your convenience all requests for order changes, specific delivery day requests, order additions, delivery notes, temporarily holding an order, or canceling an order can be made online by clicking the Order Status button.
For your convenience all delivery address changes can be made online by clicking the Order Status button."
note that it says "specific delivery day requests" AND "temporarily holding an order"
- so i would think that they WOULD do this because it says right there.
hope that helps.

snakeblitz33

They should, but the worst case scenerio is if the fish becomes unhealthy for any reason - then they would or would not choose to ship it, even if you have preferred a delayed shipping.

windlasher

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/3130954
They should, but the worst case scenerio is if the fish becomes unhealthy for any reason - then they would or would not choose to ship it, even if you have preferred a delayed shipping.
which was my point.
I have ordered fish with specific shipping before then for some reason the fish became unavailable. Hell I have even placed orders only to receive an email that astated that the fish I ordered died or were out of stock. I would just wait.
Here is the quote:
08/03/2009 04:12PM from Saltwaterfish.com:
Hello, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we have unexpectedly run out of the Whipfin Fairy Wrasse. Would you like to select substitutes? Please let us know how to proceed.