OT- Anyone else on this Atkin's Diet??

I dont see how people can do the atkins diet. I just dont get it? Carbs have so much nutritional value, how do you have any energy w/o carbs. Also just eating cheese eggs and meat... that cant be too good for cholestral can it? Plus once you go off of those diets you just gain it back and then some.
From what I understand the only way to lose weight deals with lifestyle. Ive lost about 30 lbs since last year just running on the treadmale every night and cutting back on quanities of food.
I guess the atkins works for, I just dont think I could do it. But know that I think about it... If I were on it, Id be at outback steakhouse every night of the week having a sirloin! Man those things are good!

K

kistheeze

Originally posted by midwest reefer
I dont see how people can do the atkins diet. I just dont get it? Carbs have so much nutritional value, how do you have any energy w/o carbs. Also just eating cheese eggs and meat... that cant be too good for cholestral can it? Plus once you go off of those diets you just gain it back and then some.
From what I understand the only way to lose weight deals with lifestyle. Ive lost about 30 lbs since last year just running on the treadmale every night and cutting back on quanities of food.
I guess the atkins works for, I just dont think I could do it. But know that I think about it... If I were on it, Id be at outback steakhouse every night of the week having a sirloin! Man those things are good!

Don't knock it till you try it. First 3 or 4 days - you dont have energy - but after that you'd be VERY suprised at how much energy you get. I personally have WAY more energy now that I'm not burning out on sugar.