OT: BEER whats your favorite

nobody's mentioned rolling rock. nice topic bronco, but while its here i might as well say DONT DRINK AND DRIVE. sure youve all heard it a thousand times. anyways it woud be interesting to see a poll on this...

dugan

Clint, whenever I'm in TX I drink Shiner Bock. :) I always like to try the local beers. But Guinness is my all-time favorite.
Katie

dugan

Originally posted by midwest reefer
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE.

No way. NO WAY. Life is way too precious.
Katie

cprdnick

Did you know that I've lived in Amarillo all my life and I've never had ShinerBock. If I drink a TX beer it's usually LoneStar. I like the little puzzles on the underside of the cap, unless I've had a bunch of them then I can't ever figure out what it's trying to tell me.
Clint

aarone

lol...I have never had lonestar. Ever had pabst? dont know if it is texan but it is damn good.
aaron

niger12

Seems like quite a few Michiganders replying. The best brew in the state is in Downtown Traverse City. I can't remember the name right now. The name is either Traverse Brewing Co. or Mackinaw Brewing Co. If you are familar with town it is in the old Big Boy. I will be back in MI on the 21st and can't wait to go back there.

niger12

Just remembered it is The Mackinaw Brewing Co. Also Grizzley Peak Brewing Co. in Ann Arbor is very good. Can't wait to be back home. I miss it a lot. Some of you guys probably think I am crazy.

Originally posted by Niger12
Just remembered it is The Mackinaw Brewing Co. Also Grizzley Peak Brewing Co. in Ann Arbor is very good. Can't wait to be back home. I miss it a lot. Some of you guys probably think I am crazy.

Great place! Right off of 31. A2 brewing co. is pretty good too.

cprdnick

I think Pabst makes the ever famous Blue-Ribbon Beer. I know I've had pabst but I can't remember when.
Clint
P.S. I like this Thread

tony detroit

Originally posted by 007
I live next door to this place . . . great beer, good vodka, wretched food.
Did you know that the brewmaster from Bells now works at Local Color? Sounds cheesy but have you ever tried their root beer? PHENOMENAL!

I had some bell's last winter brew, pretty good stuff.
You can get Tomboy at seven eleven and a few other party stores in Oakland County.
I live off Nine and Meadowbrook.
(caution)You might be my next drinking buddy!
Happy holidays

broncofish

I think you can get Shiner Bock anywhere in the states now. I buy it at safeway out here. This is turning out to be quite the thread

dugan

Originally posted by cprdnick
Dugan, we have a Bar and Grill here in Amarillo that has Guiness on tap. I wasn't a big fan of it, but they go through it like there's no tomorrow.

Yeah, the bars here have it too... but I haven't been to a bar basically since I had kids, other than in Ireland. :eek: The beauty of an Irish pub is that you can bring the whole family.
Since it's the photography thread...
My daughter's first drink in a pub...:D
Katie