OT.... Drag Racing

sheracr123

My other half is a JR fan. We always have a war going on. It's pretty funny... If we go to the track on a Sunday to drag race, we have to take a tv so we can watch NASCAR!!!

reqon

Hey K9-Fish i had a 95 camaro Z-28 that I eneded up getting rid of but still have some racing parts from it I was gonna sell on ----.Sub frames connectors brand new,enkei rims 6 of them, body kit,email me at JFun2@aol.com if your interested in anything.

ryebread

I didn't ever race Jr. Dragsters. I was more into dirtbikes and go-carts at that time of my life. I drive the Corvette sometimes, but I am not licensed to drive the dragster........plus I am scared of it. :eek:
The Corvette is owned by myself and two uncles. The Dragster is just the uncle's car. I also race a little Mitsubishi at the track just to see the look on all of the Mustang and Camaro's faces on test and tune nights. :D
Corvette runs 9.40's in the quarter at about 138mph.
Spritzer Dragster runs 6.20's in the quarter mile. :cool:
And last but, not least.....my little 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse runs low 12s in the quarter at about 110mph. Not too shabby for front wheel drive. ;)

sheracr123

MAN!!! That dragster is flying!!! At out track I think most run in the 8's. I would love to drive something that fast. Guess you just gotta be an adrenaline junkie:eek:

ryebread

Originally posted by sheracr123
Oh yeah... is your mitsubishi on juice? (I hope)

You betcha. Two stage Nitrous system. 75hp shot at the beggining and 150hp mid-track. Helps out a bit. :D

nicky1.8t

rye whats your eclipse got done to it mu buddy has one and he has mild stuff done to it it goes good but he cant drive for crap i beat him with only a cold air intake on my can , plus he got 130k on his motor lol i had 4k when we raced ,
i love drag racing im really into sport compaqs now thats why i got my gti really light decent horsepower stock and its turbocharged so upgrades are cheap. with a few small bolt ons and a chip it can spank mustangs.
but if it comes down to it i can always take out my sport bike rated at 10.20 in the 1/4 bone stock lol

cincyreefer

Rye... I am also a DSM owner, unfortunately a 2g though. Is your eclipse turbo? I am up at Edgewater quite a bit with some of my turbo honduh buddies. Do you go to any of the cruise-ins or street race at all?

dragracer

First off, I should intorduce myself.......new guy here. And while reading all the posts the first thing i see is Drag Racing.....what a welcome sign...fish and Racecars. Soon I'll post a picture of my car. 72 Chevelle, runs in heavy eliminator, at least thats what we call it here in Division 1. I race a Maple Grove Raceway, and we have been flirting with 10's all season........maybe now that its cooling off................

ryebread

Originally posted by lovethesea
geeze, it all sounds like greek to me :D
Ryan....how did you do the b/w pic with the color car?
I love it.

Magic. ;) Actually I created a custom color mask in photoshop that allows you to "erase" color from the photo leaving a black and white image behind. I used many different brush sizes and just erased the color away piece by piece. Fun stuff. :)

ryebread

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
rye whats your eclipse got done to it

Oh geez.......a buncha crap really. It isn't turbo for one thing. :D N/A All the Way!!
The Nitrous system is the big deal on the car. Other upgrades/removals would include:
ENGINE- HKS Cams 272 degrees, JE Forged Pistons, All Alluminum Pulley Kit, Homemade version of Crower Rods.
INTAKE- Alluminum Intake Manifold, HKS Mega Flow filter, Underdrive Crank Pulleys.
EXHAUST- Full Buschur system with custom made downpipes, Custom Header, A'PEXi N1.
Umm......660cc Fuel Injectors, Bigger Fuel Pump, uhh.......Coil-Over suspension kit.
I can't remember anything else off the top of my head right now.