OT.... Drag Racing

ryebread

Originally posted by broomer5
Rye,
Looks like Edgewater down in Cleves.

That it does broomer. Have you been? We are there at least a couple times a month. I live 10 minutes from there. (in a better neighborhood)

ryebread

Originally posted by cincyreefer
Rye... I am also a DSM owner, unfortunately a 2g though. Is your eclipse turbo? I am up at Edgewater quite a bit with some of my turbo honduh buddies. Do you go to any of the cruise-ins or street race at all?

Nah......I'm not really into the cruise-in thing at all. Being married kinda keeps you busy from things like that. ;)

dragracer

Thank ya much. Hey ya'll gotta watch the Lucas Oil Nationals on sunday from Maple Grove. I will rolling up chutes and handing them to the crews at the turnoff........right at the interview station, I'm gonna be on TV!!

lovethesea

thanks for the info, sorry to keep cutting in on the testostrone
high here :D Is that option on photoshop or you stated that you created a custom color mask. I would love to try that with a car my husband shows occasionally (see I could get it back to cars);)

ryebread

Hmm.......I don't think that I can list step-by-step how I did it. :( Do you have a picture that you would like me to try it on?

lovethesea

this is the only one I can get my hands on...none at a show.
I should just get photoshop and start learning how to play with it.

sheracr123

Hey DRAGRACER
WELCOME to the board!!! I will definately be watching this weekend so give us a wave.
What is heavy eliminator? I run super pro which is basically 11.99 and quicker and running electronics. It seems like everywhere you go the classes are the same but have diffrent names.
Must be nice to live close to a big track. Topeka is about 3 Hrs away for me. I must say I don't go there too often. I do like going on long weekends to the 3 day races around the surrounding states though. I like being the unknown.... seems to give me an advantage;)
Post some more pics of the car when you can, and if ya do any winning, pass some my way!!!
Mendee

j carter

I posted my hobbie as drag racing I have been racing all my life I'm 28 I have a 78 twin turbo malibu I race it all over the country it has a sb chevy 2200 hp car is 3200lbs 10.5w small tires car runs 7.45 196 mph we be faster just takes time. My web site is down right now you can go to www.turbopeople.com to see pictures Jason Carter's Malibu or wolferacecraft.com click on customers Jason Carter My user name on swf is J carter My friends have always been into swf so I now have a swf tank but you think is big intell you get it home now I want a 300 +gal I like large angels and lion fish etc

sheracr123

JCarter
Hey, have you ever raced in Wichita? You ought to come down some time. We are having an Outlaw / Pro mod race on the 18th of this month. Your car would fit right in!!! Low to mid 7's is our average pro mod. I am not sure what the payout is, but I am sure Wayne (track owner) would love to get some new faces there! If your interested, here is the track website. http://www.teamwir.com
I LOVE those turbo cars!
Mendee

j carter

I'm in Kansas City Mo I have been to your track before I'm going to orlando next week end to the world finals my car is not a pro mod I race in out law 10.5 and 1/4 you guy's have a good turn out most of the time.
Also I posted a problem with a lion fishI have in the problem section about a big eye etc I'f you no of any body that might no what it is shoot me a e-mail carterracing@netzero.net thanks.

S

starfishjackedme

I had a 1990 GT mustang that ran 12's. It was black with chrome cobra R's, but i had to sell it for the downpayment on our new house. Never fails, the wife always wins! Sooner or later I am going to sell the family sedan for a C5 Vette.

dragracer

Heavy Eliminator is 15.99-10 flat, no electronics. Yup I am an hour from Maple Grove, run the points series there. Had a rough season, blew up a brand new motor at Atco before we ever got to our home track. Mid season on was much better!!

cincyreefer

RyeBread- Nitrous is normally not considered N/A but still a nice ride... I'll have to check it out sometime or otherwise probably see you down at edgewater. What kind of 60' times are you running? The best i can pull in my FWD are crappy 2.47's but I havn't ran on anything other than street tires yet. My best time so far is 14.5 at 101 mph, but that is on the small 16g which is getting upgraded soon as well as a FMIC.

escape2thewater

Heres my car! Ran it for a few years in FFW street outlaw. Mainly around Florida. Ran 9.80's w/ 306 cu EFI. Nos 200hp custom plate. I had to join the "has been" club last year too to buy my new house! Man growing up sucks!