OT: getting to know the people behind the posts

snowbear

Aack! Oops, that pic was of Tip's 1 year old daughter, Thunder. Here's one of him.... can you see the resemblance?

Cool horse! I raise gaited horses, mostly Tennessee Walkers. I have the worlds coolest 5 gaited Saddlebred. He's 17 hands of high steppin power. Horses and SWF...two of the best hobbies/passions/obsessions in the world! Expensive, but awesome!:D
Well okay...my husband is sorta cool too!:D :D :D

By the way...is this fella a stallion? If so, do you ship semen? If so, is he homozygous? I know someone who would kill to get a paint baby on the ground with his features! He is really an excellent looking horse! How tall is he?

snowbear

Yeah, I pick the hobbies that cost $$$$! Especially in Alaska! I love my horses and am glad I finally got a SW tank. I've had FW since I was a kid and always wanted a reef tank. If I can keep from messing up (see Feather duster's decapitation post) I will eventually have the reef of my dreams. Can you believe it's cheaper for me to order "free shipping" deals on the net than to buy locally? I'm just hoping the quality is better, too.

Snowbear--I buy MOST of the things for my tanks...equipment and livestock...online. There are some really great sites to buy from, including this one. Most of the respected and trusted sites give a good arrive alive/stay alive guarantee. Make sure you spend ALOT of time learning FIRST so as to avoid disasters. This message board is one of the best places to read and learn. Every possible subject is covered here. I lurked for a long time before posting because this site was formerly non XP compatible. I was forced to keep my trap shut and LEARN. Still learn every day. You can never learn too much. Happy reef keeping!

snowbear

PR - yep, I've actually been lurking here since about August. I finally had to register to ask about the recovery time for the feather duster. I've gleaned an incredible amount of info from this board already, and I'm sure I'll get more as I continue to hang out. Yep, I'm taking my time and researching. I want to make sure I'm getting things right consistantly before I start adding to my tank. In fact, since I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months, I'll probably hold off til after that to do anything new - I've got a 55 gal FW tank I'm going to swap with my 35 gal SW when I have to break them down anyway. Hopefully I'll have a refugium up and running by then and I'm already collecting extra 5 gallon lidded buckets from my restaurant-owning friends so I can keep a lot of the water.

robchuck

Here's me with my wife Sam and our puppy Eli. This is my first time posting a pic, so I'm apologizing in advance if I cause any sort of chaos.
Musipilot,
I actually heard the music and had to turn my speakers down really quick! j/k

j21kickster

its me and yes it is late and i am tired, so dont laugh too hard- on second thought go ahead its not as if i can hear- but im sure there will be a couple of tricksters out there and i might get the lol:eek: :)