OT: Most expensive wine you have ever drank?

pegboy

I am more of a consumer than a collector... Mainly because i don't have the money collect right now. Most expensive as $130 Krug NV. Most of my everyday wines are $10-$20.
Anthem,those are some nice wines you meantioned. Where are you picking them up? Retailer/Wholesaler near you or some place where you can get a better deal? Do you buy futures at all?

badiesel

my friends mom cmae into town this weekend and they own a vineyard in napa valleys stag leap district. they make some killer wine a case of there 99' stock went for $70,000 a napa wine auction in feb. She brought a bottle of that with her it was some good sh*t. It usually runs about 115 a bottle. The name of there company is pillar rock anyone heard of it.

ky

It's funny. When I was in med school and could barely afford water I couldn't wait until I was done so that I could buy expensive wine when we were out to dinner and with friends. Now I make over 300k and still buy Busch beer. The wine we buy costs about $12.00 a bottle...tops. It all tastes the same to me.

nm reef

Hmmmm.....we called it St. Gen.....looked like Mogan David ...but was actually lighting and was a deep purple color.....kicked like a Missouri mule.....available from locals in Southeast Missouri where I grew up....hope the feds don't see this!!!Cost was a few bucks for a mason jar!!!! :D
These days I stay with Budweiser or a couple fingers of Crown Royal.Or sometimes a Crud.....thats a Crown with a Bud!! :cool: