Chicago
Shedd - San Diego
Mystic - Connecticut
Underwater World - Mall of America - Minneapolis
Sydney, Australia
San Diego and Sydney get my votes!

golfish

Originally posted by SLOFish
Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, Calif. Monterey is in northen calif near San Franciso. Really nice. Its HUGE too!! Went the long beach aquarium a while back...eh, not that great.

I agree, LB is getting better but Its no match to MB....and lets not for get the surrounding areas of MB. The drive from about Morro Bay to the Cresent city is one of the best I've ever been on. I've got pictures of herds of Roosevelt elk sitting on the beach right were the tide rolls in..

tnmarine

I agree Shedd is the best! We haven't been in a couple of years, but are planning on going back next summer. We go to the beach one summer and to visit my husband's family in Valpo IN the next. Every time we go to Valpo we have to visit Chicago and Shedd's is on top of our list of things to do.
I also like the Chattanooga aquarium. Also the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg TN is nice too. Went to the NC Aquarium at Ft Fisher about a month ago nice but not very big.
Aimee

spicey

I live in Chicago so i go to Shedd pretty often and it sure is great but i think ive seen some reef tanks in better shape
i also went to a small one in tarpon bay florida and that was pretty cool. it even had a shark pond and you got to hand feed the sharks and rays.

T

tizzo

Has anyone mentioned Ripley's Aquarium at Myrtle Beach??? AWESOME, it's got a conveyer belt to tunnel you through the tank above your head, and all around you. It's nice!!!

ncsc117

New England Aquarium in Boston is great.It is also realy fun when you take the shuttle from Quincy to Boston then the Aquarium is right were you get off:happyfish . It makes a fun Day! The MACNA16 is going to be in the New England Aquarium in September 10-11-12. For more info got to www.macna16.com. See you there.:joy:

yamaha16bw

I would have to say the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky. I grew up there and even work there for awhile. Great sharks and saltwater fish. They know what they are doing there, They even have one of my Freshwater stingrays that I donated on display!!! If your ever in the northern Kentucky or Cincy area you should go check it out!!!