OT - Tornadoes suck!

richard rendos

I have had no power for 2 days now, and the power company says it won't be back for 3-4 more days... I am <font color = red>SO</font> glad I bought a generator. I am running my refrigerator and all three of my tanks on a 5000 watt generator. Everything is doing well, but I also have no water...so NO SHOWER! I am posting this from a friend's house...will post back when I get power and water and phone and internet service back. Just thought I would let everyone know that TORNADOES SUCK!!!!

wrassecal

Good to hear from you and know you are safe. We've been wondering - yeah, they pretty much suck and they blow too:eek:

fishtails

Good to hear you're okay Richard. Here in Chattanooga,TN we got suvere thunderstorms and tornado warnings along with flooding. We got over 12" of rain today probably. Yesterday morning we got hail and heavy showers and thunderstorms. And last night and earlier todat we got tornadoes in nearby counties so YES....TORNADOES SUCK!
Hope everyone is fine and your tanks do okay.Also luckily we got no power outages here so that's a plus.

cmpowell

Glad to here your safe Richard.Already went through a tornado warning at 10 this morning and another about 1 hr ago here in st clair county.My mother in law was passing through Stockton when that one hit sunday luckily a family was heading to their basement and they flagged her down and told her to take cover in their basement.My wife and i had just talked to her on her cell phone and we wasn't aware of the weather until after she called and we decide to watch some tv and saw the warning for stockton but we couldn't reach her and when we finally did was when she told us where she was.so we headed for stockton to get her.By the time we got there the police where not allowing anyone in due to broken gas lines and power lines down and thats when we noticed her car parked right by the road block.Needless to say there was alot of emotion and thanking god for her safety because she was in the center of where it passed through.Her car suffered a little damage the driver side glass was gone and the back glass was also gone but she was safe.Very sad for the folks of Stockton.It was almost totally destroyed.

cboyfan2020

Glad to hear everybody is Ok.....looks like we got more storms coming through here tonight and tommorrow. Also glad our electricity company is REALLY experienced when it comes to storms knocking out power. Power has never been down more then a day. Hope everything turns out ok:D

richard rendos

I got home from work to a very hot house and still no power...then about 20 minutes later...POWER! Everything is getting back to normal in the tanks and around the house. I am SO glad I bought that generator.
All those posts I've read about "what to do when power goes out" really hit hard to those it that situation. I would definitely suggest buying a generator...I would have definitely lost some things if not everything if I didn't have it.

After my basement flooded due to power outage for the SECOND time last June, I bought a big generator. Haven't had to use it yet, but do trial runs with it every now and then so I will be ready and know what to plug in where when the moment of truth arrives.
I'm so glad you guys are safe. We have been spared for the most part here in northern Ohio.

chinnyr

Glad your powers back up and running!I remember this past winter there were a couple of members without power for almost two weeks from winter storms.Now that I own my own home I have been thinking of geting a generator too.When I lived at the Virginia Beach ocean front,we had a small huricane pass through and I lost water/power for 6 days.I can't imagine what I would have done if I had my tank then.Hope all your critters made it ok.:)

overanalyzer

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Anyone from OK City out there?? You guys got hammered ... again we got lucky here - tornadoes went north of us and a huge one was aimed right at my small little town and it started veering east ... supposedly the tornado was a mile wide ....
OK shutting down the computer ... just know we have a lot of Okie's on this board - hope they are all OK!!

schlong33

Originally posted by overanalyzer
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh Anyone from OK City out there?? You guys got hammered ... again we got lucky here - tornadoes went north of us and a huge one was aimed right at my small little town and it started veering east ... supposedly the tornado was a mile wide ....
OK shutting down the computer ... just know we have a lot of Okie's on this board - hope they are all OK!!

I'm close, stillwater area, and the storms just seemed to break AROUND Payne county, it's just cloudy. Rained in the morning, have storms to the North and South of us, just nothing here. *knock on wood*
Luck to anybody having to deal with tornadoes.
I'll take a three day blizzard over a tornado ANY day.

volitan

Yah, that was a pretty wicked rush hour drive home yesterday. I live about 6 miles from where the biggest tornado rolled through. After watching the news, I'm DAMN glad I don't live any closer. Most of the homes in the path where completely leveled. I have to question building contractors these days. They said this one was only a strong F-2- weak F-3. Alot of people hurt and homeless tonight because of the thing, though.

timsedwards

man that all seems pretty severe compared to the weather i get over here :)
Glad to hear you're ok Richard.
Tim.

wrassecal

I'm still up...this is awful. We won't know til tomorrow how bad the ones tonight were. Somehow (saying a prayer) they manage to miss Norman though. I know people in Moore hit last night and in north OKC hit tonight.:( Volitan did you see that greyhound bus on I35 that was all over TV from yesterday? My brother in law was right behind it and spent an hour pulling people out of the ditch and the people still on the bus. He also said there were several overturned SUV's and cars upside down where people stopped and jumped in the ditch. Amazing, if they'd stayed in those cars they would have been smashed.

ozadars

There isnt tornado here , but there are earthquakes, tornado is better than earthquakes i think, there is no escape from earthquake and in every small ones (not very small ofcourse) my all rock work falls down :mad: