OT - Tornadoes suck!

richard rendos

I don't know which is worse...tornadoes or earthquakes. I have been through both, and neither are very fun. The earthquakes we get here aren't as severe as the west coast, but they still do damage. I think tornadoes are scarier, though.
This is day 6 and there are still thousands in Jackson without power, etc. I feel for them.

ozadars

There was an earthquake few weeks ago in my city and electrycity went off, my all rock work dropped also corals, half of the water of tank dropped on the carpets and that was not a big quake , its level was 5.6 and in Ýstabul there was one which was 8.4 or something like that, also Ýstanbul is again waiting a very big one like 8-9 maybe bigger

R

rogeta

Glad to hear everyone is all right! I have been wondering. So far every storm has almost completely bipassed us, and I hope they continue! Any one heard from Eric? He lives in edmond..Glad everyone is ok!!
Looking up,
Rocco

overanalyzer

266 Twisters in a week - most on record .... thankfullly we only lost some plants and had some washing away of our front garden .... man what a week!! I feel bad for the folks in Oklahoma City - showed one lady saying she was hit last time and she refuses to rebuild this time .... don't blame her!!

wrassecal

Originally posted by RoGeTa
Glad to hear everyone is all right! I have been wondering. So far every storm has almost completely bipassed us, and I hope they continue! Any one heard from Eric? He lives in edmond..Glad everyone is ok!!

Rocco, I haven't talked to Eric in a few days, but Edmond did not get hit. I just emailed him and asked if he was OK and if so to show himself;)

owlett

wow! I can't believe all the people who live in such a dangerous place as to have their whole house blow away! I'm glad you guys are all right though!
I live in utah and we get earthquakes, I think they are still scarier than tornados too! Where I live I can see the wastach fault just afew miles away going up the mountain. At least with tornados you can hide in your basment while your upstairs blows away. An earthquake here and my whole house might fall down, scary!

zibnata

I guess I am lucky to live in Connecticut,its pretty safe here. All we have are high taxes and idiot politicians.

cboyfan2020

Originally posted by zibnata
I guess I am lucky to live in Connecticut,its pretty safe here. All we have are high taxes and idiot politicians.

I think that is a safe bet about anywhere you live. I know it is here.:rolleyes: :D

prater

I was hit in the back with a golf ball sized piece of hail while running back form a neighbors house(making sure they were ok), luckilly the tornado was south of me a couple of miles.

cboyfan2020

Originally posted by DvSKiN
yea, and we got you beat over here in R.I. Even higher taxes, and dumber politicians!! LoL
DVS

blame that on inbreeding. Gene pool is so small in a state that small its kinda inevitable:D ...j/k

ty_05_f

yeah those tornados were a beast. My mother's friends daughter lost everything. All shawnee got was strong winds, we barely got any rain. That second night driving to norman I could barely see the road or two feet in front of me for that matter.