OT: What's Your Favorite Quote/Saying?

byrself

Originally posted by Demosthenes:
<strong>Great quotes, but was just wondering what this means. I have an idea, but not totally sure.
</strong><hr></blockquote>
sounds like something out of the godfather, or the sopranos...
:D

ags

Something my dad always told me:
A wise man learns from someone else's mistakes, a stupid man learns from his own.

dinhouse

"Demo" I guess in the quote in it's simplest form it means that your true friends will come through for you in times of crisis. I'm not sure where I picked that quote up from.

broomer5

Optimist: "The glass is half full."
Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."
Engineer: "That glass is twice as large as it needs to be."
If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.
I think a good product would be "Baby Duck Hat" It's a fake baby duck, which you strap on top of your head.
You go swimming underwater until you find a mommy duck and her babies, and you join them. Then all of the sudden, you stand up out of the water and roar like Godzilla. Man those ducks really take off! Also Baby Duck Hat is good for parties.
...Jack Handy

windmill

"speak softly and carry a big stick"
"educate yourself FULLY on your own religion before criticizing others'; you may find it in your favor to hold your tongue."

dejaco

Life just happens while your planning your future!
If you want my opinion ask my wife!
Having a passionate love of anything is what makes life worth living!
My personal favorite, old, but still very true -
"The only dumb question is the one never asked!"
Also for you married folks (a dear friends advice to me)
"Nothing says I really love you, I know I really messed up, and please forgive me: like a mushy card and a dozen hundred dollar bills!"

reefkprz

what a great thread,
my favorite,
Solomon short once said:
Common sense isn't.
or from a cats point of view...
let me get this straight you get one life not nine??? well you dont have to eat out of a bowl on the floor so it all evens out.

demartini

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', '----', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?” - Chris Rock
"We are surrounded by idiots" - my mom

mr. guitar

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and true, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
-Thomas Jefferson

chunkysoup

"Nothing is more transparent than inauthentic expressions of faith; the politician who shows up to the black church around election time----clapping

[hr]
off rythm

[hr]
to the gospel choir."
B. Obama

grmreapr

ok here are a couple ones i like
The road to hell is paved with good intentions and built by fools who know "what's best".
"Insanity: a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D. Lang
I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself
|~Nothing's perfect... The world's not perfect. But it's there for us, trying the best it can. That's what makes it so damn beautiful.~|
your life DOES flash before your eyes before you die.... i believe the process is called "living"
I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
~~ Humphrey Bogart
You know if you've played too much video games when you achive something good in life and have a slight urge to "save game"...
Death is life's way of telling you you're fired
and my all time favorite
"TV has brought murder back into the home where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock