Ouch!

mylady

I had surgery today. In 2006 I had my gallbladder removed and apparently it didn't heal properly and caused a hernia at the incision. Not fun having internal parts poking through! So anyway, Monsi took me to the hospital at 11:50 to report in. I had THE most painful IV given I have ever had. I've never had one in my hand before. I actually cried out in pain and then just plain cried. So anyway, it was outpatient, left the hospital at 6:30pm and came home. Hadn't eaten since midnight the night before so was a bit hungry. Then I tried to eat and my mouth was so dry I could hardly swallow. Went to bed for a while and was back up at 10pm. Now here it is after 3am and I'm up. Why would that be? Wel I took more pain meds at 1am and they STILL haven't kicked in. I'm exhausted but too uncomfortable to sleep. After my gallbladder was removed I felt great. I felt like I hadn't even had surgery. This is so different. Both were done laproscopically, I don't understand why. I asked if they could pierce my ears while I was out but they couldn't :( Too bad, it's about the only way I wouldn't be too chicken to get them done LOL.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady http:///forum/thread/383562/ouch#post_3355628
I had surgery today. In 2006 I had my gallbladder removed and apparently it didn't heal properly and caused a hernia at the incision. Not fun having internal parts poking through! So anyway, Monsi took me to the hospital at 11:50 to report in. I had THE most painful IV given I have ever had. I've never had one in my hand before. I actually cried out in pain and then just plain cried. So anyway, it was outpatient, left the hospital at 6:30pm and came home. Hadn't eaten since midnight the night before so was a bit hungry. Then I tried to eat and my mouth was so dry I could hardly swallow. Went to bed for a while and was back up at 10pm. Now here it is after 3am and I'm up. Why would that be? Wel I took more pain meds at 1am and they STILL haven't kicked in. I'm exhausted but too uncomfortable to sleep. After my gallbladder was removed I felt great. I felt like I hadn't even had surgery. This is so different. Both were done laproscopically, I don't understand why. I asked if they could pierce my ears while I was out but they couldn't :( Too bad, it's about the only way I wouldn't be too chicken to get them done LOL.

Good morning miserable one, Glad it went well in spite of it being painful. I think it is the skill of the surgen as to how much pain there is afterward. Sounds like your one of those people with low tolerance, my mother too...she swares her veins hide when the even mention an IV and they have a hard time getting it in.
The good news is that this is a healing pain so it will get better. Get as much rest as you can, and make Monsi wait on you hand and foot.

monsinour

I dont have to do a thing for her. Our daughter has taken that duty and ran with it. Just about anything my wife needs, my daughter runs to get. I may be bigger than my daughter, but she is far faster than I.

monsinour

Though Monsi will disagree, I think I have a pretty high threshold for pain. Don't like needles though. When I was 12 the dentist told me I would have to get a tooth pulled and my mom scheduled it for a week later. I was so scared of the needle I used dental floss to saw through the roots and pull my own tooth over a period of 3 days, so pain isn't really what I am afriad of LOL.
I used to have great veins, they never missed. Somehow that has changed and now they have a difficult time finding them and say they move on them.

mylady

^ sigh, did it again, previous post is obviously by me. Got to start checking who is signed in.

btldreef

I'm sorry you're in so much pain.
I hope you get better real soon.
Glad you have such a sweetie for a daughter who's willing to help out! Evelynne gets "Best Kid Award" for this week!

meowzer

Sorry to hear this.....BUT glad you have some help :) Little girls love taking care of their Mommy

Hope you feel better soon

monsinour

If only our son would cooperate and behave when I am not home. Evie does a wonderful job of taking care of us when we are sick. I have no problem cleaning up her mess that she makes when she goes to get us food when we are sick. MyLady doesnt have to do a thing around here, but she insists on doing things. Kinda hard to keep a good woman down on the couch and not do anything.