Our 120 gallon Aquarium

xxxespoxxx

Hi Guys,
I've been on this site for a while and I would like to thank a lot of you for your help along the way.
So my 120 gallon tank was a semi-aggressive tank. Some of the tank mates were Picasso Trigger, 2 LionFish, a Sail fin,yellow and Blue hippo tang, 2 Clarki's clown, Valentini puffer, Koran Angel and a few others. Anyways this past year my baby's were getting too big and I had to get rid of some of them because of there size and aggression issues were starting to show. Let me tell you how hard it is to let them:( go but I know they went to a better place.:)
So after I sent some of the fish elsewhere I only ended up keeping the 3 tangs and now just started recently adding few a others.
So I just recently added 2 percs clowns, a yellow headed sleeper goby, a watchman goby with a mated tiger pistol shrimp, six line wrasse. As welll as a cleaner shrimp a Blood Shrimp and a coral banded shrimp and a coco worm. I will now be going to a reef tank and I will post lots of pictures of my old aggressive and my soon to be new reef tank for you all to see.
So now my question is with my new tank mates what do you guys suggest I should add to the tank next. My friends RBTA is about to split in the next few days so I will be adding that, but with my new tankmates what new addition would me nice to add
When I get home I will post pics and videos

mfoley

You did the right thing by getting rid of the lions and triggers. But TBH, you should have gotten rid of two of the tangs as well. I'm surprised there hasn't been any aggression among them, especially from the sailfin. I know it can be hard to get rid of a good fish, but three tangs is an awful lot for a tank of that size. I'm sorry, but I honestly think that it's only a matter of time before one of them starts showing aggression, and I'm guessing it will be the sailfin. Other than that, it sounds like you're doing a great job with the tank, and I'm sure the clowns will love the RBTA.

xxxespoxxx

Well I'm useless link didn't work I think and I don't know how to upload photos, but my wife is working on it and they should be up soon.
So while she is working on that and I'm at work I have decided before I go home to stop at the LFS tonight and decided on either a Yellow Toadstool Leather a Purple Montipora and a clam of some sort. As well probably gonna grab a clown goby, if they have any.
Anyone have any experiences with any of these specimens? Good or bad idea for any of them?Plus we will post pics of the new additions as well

mfoley

If you take good care of it, that toadstool will get huge over the course of a few years. As for the monti, what kind of lighting do you have on your tank?

xxxespoxxx

Originally Posted by mfoley
http:///forum/post/3247546
If you take good care of it, that toadstool will get huge over the course of a few years. As for the monti, what kind of lighting do you have on your tank?

Well I called the LFS and they do have the Yellow Fji toadstool on stock and the monti is on hold for me until I can see it. It wasen't there the other day so I want to check it our first.
I have 3 175 MH and 2 antics , I think the lighting system I have is capable of holding a monti.

A

abeandlulu

I would get rid of the coral banded shrimp. I had one and he killed 3 cleaner shrimp and 2 fire shrimp. and 5 peppermint shrimp. They get every agressive againt there own.

xxxespoxxx

Originally Posted by abeandlulu
http:///forum/post/3248431
I would get rid of the coral banded shrimp. I had one and he killed 3 cleaner shrimp and 2 fire shrimp. and 5 peppermint shrimp. They get every agressive againt there own.
I had him for about 3 months now and to be honest he's gentle and my tangs keep him in check. plus on a few occasion all 3 shrimps were side by side. Wost case scenario if he does become aggressive in the future I'll just puthim in 1 of my other tanks.

xxxespoxxx

Well I'm going to the LFS in my area tonight to see if they got any fiji yellow leathers or any monti's. I went to the LFS on Tuesday and saw a fiji leather but it was one of the guys personal collections and he told me he would sell it for $ 300 bucks, I started laughing at him and told him if I look like I'm blonde or something. So my fingers are crossed for today and really hoping to find one. If I have to I will hit every LFS in Toronto today if I have to.

xxxespoxxx

Well with no luck I haven't found a yellow fiji so I had to place an order for one, it should be here by the end of the week. So I ended up picking a smaller leather and it wasen't doing the greatest, so I figured it was the lights. So I am now upgrading my canopy box from 2-175W to 2-400 Metal Halides with 1 antic blue and 1 fiji purple 14000k. I will have pictures to post of the project in the next couple of days and keep you all posted.