Our 29 Biocube and story

rebelprettyboy

If u peel the xenia off th bottom of the rock it wont grow back in that spot. I mean it will from the other xenia spreading. U just gotta make sure when u peel it all the stalk comes off. Its pretty easy to do.
And nice plumbing. Wish I could do all the good stuff. Il learn one day!
Hope u get ur new corals in!

subielover

Hey fcatch, I was wondering what kind of pods you stock your tank with? I have amphipods and copepods in my fuge but was wondering what you were using? I like having lots of them so my sixline can feast on them, plus I think my clown grabs some every once in awhile too.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2784966
Hey fcatch, I was wondering what kind of pods you stock your tank with? I have amphipods and copepods in my fuge but was wondering what you were using? I like having lots of them so my sixline can feast on them, plus I think my clown grabs some every once in awhile too.

I bought trigger pods from my LFS, they are usually $20 a bottle and then there are the SWF pods at $10 a bag.
HTH

subielover

Hmm, I thought the trigger pods were a cold water species that didn't live very long in our warm reefs? Have you noticed this at all, I have no experience with this but I have read on this site numerous times that trigger pods will die fairly soon and will not reproduce often enough to be used to seed a tank.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2785204
Hmm, I thought the trigger pods were a cold water species that didn't live very long in our warm reefs? Have you noticed this at all, I have no experience with this but I have read on this site numerous times that trigger pods will die fairly soon and will not reproduce often enough to be used to seed a tank.

You are probably right, as I have yet to see any additional in the fuge or tank, but for a quick snack everyone loves them. I know something is happening, most likely from the swf pods. Little buggers can be seen all over the place.

fcatch76

Received the frags today, a bit beat up and sitting in 68 degree water. PLease help in identifying the brown slime coming off the torch:

And the hammer a bit beat up:

nissan577

don't worry man they will get beautiful again. My frog came like thy andnow its huge! But man I love it! Congrats.
Sorry I don't know about the slime. Maybe it will go away

fcatch76

well on a positive note, seems like the brown slime might be excrement. I've been reading about brown jelly disease and I just don't think that is happening right now.

spanko

If it is coming out of the mouth area it is Euphyllia POOP! Only one orifice on Euphyllia and what goes in come out the same place. Not to worry here.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2787155
how's it doing
First of all, thanks Nissan for asking, glad to know members are worried!

I've been PM'ing NWDYR trying to work this out. The frogspawn looks to be ok, the hammer is torn up pretty bad and the torch hasn't changed, stopped emitting the excrement? late last night.
Working on getting shipping refunded per USPS express guarantee and praying these little guys make it....

thx again Nissan for your concern!!

nissan577

anything for a friend. i always wanna make sure your corals are ok. dont worry they will make it! trust me
my frog was like that but in a couple days it got beautiful and amazing