Our 40gallon

btldreef

it's been up and running since Dec. 2008.
will add more pics later, but my husband took this picture last night and i love it

btldreef

Thanks
So glad I finally joined this forum
I can't wait until our 155 gallon is done!
I'll post more pictures as soon as he wakes up. We were up until almost 2am last night setting up sand and rock in the 155g. I have no idea how to get pictures off of his camera :-(

devaji108

looks really good. something about those 40gal breeder tanks, they are just so pleasing to the eye.
good luck w/ the 155 and happy reefing :)

btldreef

He finally woke up, so here's some more:

just added this Rose Bubble Tip and Porcelain Crab late last night ($65 for both @ LFS, I love this place!):

side view:

other side:

our mandarin:

meowzer

You have some beautiful stuff....that mandarin is tiny...the RBTA looks really good..especially since you just added it too...

btldreef

thanks

Yeah, he's a baby. We had one that was a little bigger and the meanest Six Line Wrasse known to man kind took over our tank and killed him

I wish that our Sun Coral would come out when I wanted a picture, it's such a nice piece when it's open, but seems to be camera shy.
By any chance do you know how we can cut back those daisy polyps that are taking over the top of my tank? Our Coral Beauty was picking at them for awhile, but that seems to have stopped and now nothing works. I like them, but they're completely out of control.

btldreef

So as of 10:30PM we no longer have this tank, we moved everything over to the 155gallon and man does everything looks so small now. My husband wants to sell the 40gallon breeder but I'm going to miss it and will fight 'til the death to keep it and start a new tank once the 155 is done!
The fish love the new swimming room.

meowzer

WOW...I didn't realize you were doing this so soon....why don't you use the 40G as a sump???
HEYYYYY...got any pics of the new 155???/

btldreef

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3135130
WOW...I didn't realize you were doing this so soon....why don't you use the 40G as a sump???
HEYYYYY...got any pics of the new 155???/

Yeah, it was just about ready when we decided to sign up for this forum. We already had a sump and everything and 40g doesn't fit in the cabinet as a refugium. He has a month to sell it, if not, we'll have it back up and running sooner or later.
We'll have pics in a few days. I think the camera is buried under construction debris from today.

skate020

i LOVE your tank!
especially your RBTA i've always wanted one but there hard to find at a good price over here, soi had to get a GBTA, still nice tho
thats wat i want my tank to look like soon:)
just smaller lol

D

deadly_legend

Thats a beautiful tank...what lights are on it? beacause as you know, im light hunting hehe, but thats an extremely beautiful tank, love the mandarin!

btldreef

Originally Posted by Deadly_Legend
http:///forum/post/3196237
Thats a beautiful tank...what lights are on it? beacause as you know, im light hunting hehe, but thats an extremely beautiful tank, love the mandarin!
1 36" Current Nova Extreme SLR T5HO set up (I think it was the 1121 model, but I'm not going to swear to it). I PM'd you
I swapped out the stock bulbs for:
2 WavePoint 420nm True Actinic Bulbs
2 10,000K Coralife Daylights

j. crow

Your tank looks so much better than mine lol, do Porcelain Crabs get aggressive at all? or do they pose as much as a threat to others as much as a small hermit? lol