Our statfish

courtney

Originally posted by j trigger
Great pic... What kind of starfish is that?

elegant starfish formia monolis

goldenboy

:cheer:
finally someone else with a great looking star. Most people get the bland serpent stars, or brittle stars. I have one marble that lost an arm almost 3 months ago. Its growing back slowly, but I'm impressed by the endurance on the little guy. I've had it for 2+ years. I tried to get another one on a website, unfortunatley it didn't make it much past acclimation. It was huge though. at least 6". How big is yours?

goldenboy

I don't want to jack your thread, but here is one of my marbles. I just like seeing more people with these beauties...

courtney

Originally posted by goldenboy
I don't want to jack your thread, but here is one of my marbles. I just like seeing more people with these beauties...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ophiura

Originally posted by goldenboy
:cheer:
finally someone else with a great looking star. Most people get the bland serpent stars, or brittle stars. I have one marble that lost an arm almost 3 months ago. Its growing back slowly, but I'm impressed by the endurance on the little guy. I've had it for 2+ years. I tried to get another one on a website, unfortunatley it didn't make it much past acclimation. It was huge though. at least 6". How big is yours?

I'll ignore the brittle/serpent comment :) What tank is your Fromia in? Is it a reef tank? Is this the tank it has always been in?
Courtney,
Ditto the questions! Tank size, age? How long have you had the star?
Just trying to get more of a feel for the success rate of Fromia's.

courtney

Originally posted by ophiura
I'll ignore the brittle/serpent comment :) What tank is your Fromia in? Is it a reef tank? Is this the tank it has always been in?
Courtney,
Ditto the questions! Tank size, age? How long have you had the star?
Just trying to get more of a feel for the success rate of Fromia's.

the tank is a 55 gallon corner tank. We have had our star only about 3 weeks but he seems to be thriving. He is very active!

ophiura

If you remember, keep me/us posted and major birthdays (eg 6 months and 1 year). I really appreciate it! Really interested in knowing how it does! :D

courtney

Originally posted by ophiura
If you remember, keep me/us posted and major birthdays (eg 6 months and 1 year). I really appreciate it! Really interested in knowing how it does! :D

we sure will