our trip to the Florida Aquarium

salt210

thought I would share some pics. I will add some more tomorrow. here goes...

the size of this clam is at least 1ft front to back

crypt keeper

Me standing in front of a big ass grouper at that place. The coolest thing there was the sea horse tanks. Those Dragon sea horses are amazing.

meowzer

LOL...I have the same spotted mandarin in pic 1.....I have never seen seahorses like that before...WOWWW..how big are they?

pezenfuego

Leafy sea dragons. Sheds has those. AMAZING!!! You took some nice pictures, good work
Thanks for sharing.

crypt keeper

Sorry a few are blurry. Its hard to shove old women out the way and take a picture. The sea horse place gets packed and people are rude as hell. I got what I could and rolled out.
Meowzer. They were huge for a sea horse. I wanna say a foot maybe more. Its been about a year since I have been.

meowzer

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3028122
I want to see the one in Georgia. They have whale sharks and hammerheads. Its gotta be unreal.
They have an aquarium in Tulsa....might as well be on the moon

AHHHH...who knows...maybe we can plan a trip...
maybe it will be near a bass pro shop...LOL for the husband

salt210

crypt they didnt have any lionfish when we were in there yesterday.
Ill post some more pics of what crypt didnt.
these pictures are the Florida wetlands section:

The Pittsburgh Zoo has a huge display of the various 'dragon' seahorses. The entire entryway is dedicated to a central tank with them in it. It is never a problem for visitors to get as close to the circular tank as they want. We take our kids there half a dozen times a year to see them.
The Georgia Aquarium is on our want list, but I saw a recent post on here about it being a let down...compared to a few others in the US. Someone bragged up Cleveland...so we hope to make it up there soon.
peace