Outraged about Early Show "Finding Nemo"

michelle13

Not sure where to post this so I'll put it here! I thought the nemo craze was calming down, but did any of you see the Early Show this morning? They were talking about "Finding Nemo". On it a 15 gallon bow front was presented while Carol Huntley Weber from Tetra placed in a Blue Tang, Two Clownfish, Two Seahorses, and a Brittle Star.
She also made a statement that implied that the fish for the hobby were farm raised in Florida. I don't have the exact quote but I am sure that someone can post it.
I am very disappointed in the Early Show and Tetra. I have written them both and I encourage you to do so as well.
earlyshow@cbs.com
and
consumer@tetra-fish.com
I hope I'm not the only person this bothered, but I think we are all resposible reef keepers and what they did was NOT responsible.

ilove2ride

I sent some letters as well. On CBS.com it said as a description for the show "Tetra shows how easy it is to set up your own saltwater tank". I'm going to boycott tetra for this..... (not like I really buy any of their products anyway, though....!)
:( :eek: :mad:

jlem

Sent e-mails to both. Plan on spreading this story to as many message boards as I can.

michaeltx

I hate to say it but I watch that show and I am sorry but it is a lot worse than what she portrayed,
On it a 15 gallon bow front was presented while Carol Huntley Weber from Tetra placed in a Blue Tang, Two Clownfish, Two Seahorses, and a Brittle Star.
that little bow front was only a 5 gallon tank not a 15. and before anything was added there was already a star in it. I was trying to find info on it all on the net and couldnt I wanted something to actually Quote from the show but couldn't.
the tank had 2 small pieces of rock a gravel bed and some artifical plants. but for somer reason its not a viewable file from there site. I have been trying to find it but cant..
I did email them also......
mike

perchpsk

I emailed them as well.. I blasted tetra and asked CBS to retract that story and tell people not to buy saltwater pets unless first doing proper research and getting a prpoer set up. I wander if Tetra will re-imburse people for the set up failing or explain to a kid why nemo died in their tank.

volitan

Screw Tetra! I don't buy their products and will recommend against it from now on. CBS just killed alot of saltwater creatures, and Tetra helped them do it.

shep

For god sakes don't waste your fingers with tetra and cbs. tetra is most likely going to make a bundle from that show and is paying cbs a bundle from it. email PETA.

broncofish

Originally posted by shep
email PETA.

While I usually hate everything those nutballs do(and I'm a vegetarian) shep has a point. Set them on a crusade against tetra and CBS, and it will be on every news channel accross the country, of course they will do a bunch of stupid stuff, like spray painting CBS building with "Nemo Killers" and trying to encourage some small city to rename itself "Tetra Blows CHunks" etc..... but hey it works for them so I guess they stick with it:rolleyes: I sent the e-mail to both tetra, and CBS anybody get a response???

shep

I just had to come back and say one thing. Just feel lucky that this spit didn't happen with the Lion King. We would all be screwed then...:D

shep

I hate peta also and boy would they have a field day on me. For some odd reason I think they would frown on the two wolf hybrids laying behind me right now. However they are the first to get things done in the animal world.

It is amazing what the networks and tetra will do to get an extra buck. Disappointing but it can be expected, the movie has highlighted on a subject that alot of people are scared to try, but have always wanted to.
The big corps just want to make a little money off this movie like everyone else. At my part time job at the fish store I have already showed people how to do it and they just don't want to spend the money on it.Hopefully they will not go to deathCo and get it anyway.
As for the PETA thing ..... I personally have found no good uses for them.
Maybe if they get enough complaints they will retract it.

nm reef

Sadly its yet another example of the worlds intent to produce profits despite the costs involved...thanks for the heads up! E-mails have been sent expressing my position on reckless attempts at marine systems.
As for PETA...I'd no more contact them than I would attend a Republician National Convention...and believe me I would not attend!!!!:cool:

sammystingray

Hey Shep, I have a wolf hybrid as well....50%.....very intelligent. I bought her ten years ago, and sadly had to leave her at my moms when I moved out. Great watch dog though, and she WILL bite if anyone messes with my mom. :) Why is PETA down on wolf hybrids??