Overstock.com?????????

salt nate

Am I overstocked?
75 gallon tank, want to upgrade in 1.5 years to a 150 gallon
powder brown(3.5")
Hippo(1.5 ")
Burrfish puffer (1.5")
Bannerfish(3")
I was thinking of adding a couple firefish or small blennies etc...(no more big fish in my 75)

kevin34

i wouldnt say you are overstocked but the tangs will outgrow the tank in no time. Not sure about the puffer

salt nate

like I said...I will upgrade in a year or so. I certainly would be way past the line if the fish were mature, but I ask for the smallest fish availiable(if it looks healthy of course)

You should be able to add a couple firefish or a blenny without any problems, you are not overstocked. I have 13 fish in my 75 and have no problems at all. I do keep a strict water change schedule and most of the fish are fairly small in size.

R

rcreations

You are NOT overstocked right now. Your tangs will outgrow the tank but that's not gonna happen overnight. You should be ok with the blenny and firefish.

salt nate

How fast do the tangs grow? everything is super small right now except for the powder brown.
Rcreations...I noticed your foxface has a "santa belly" . He must like to eat!

R

rcreations

Depends on the tang. I have a powder blue and a naso. The naso is definitely growing a lot faster. I can see it growing 5 - 6" in a year. The powder blue not so much. I think the larger the adult size, the faster it grows. They also grow a lot faster when really small and as they get big, they slow down a little.
Yeah, all my fish are fat. In fact I started to put them on a diet lately.