Overwhelmed with Kenyas

cloienc27

I have a 40 gal that started with only one good lookin Kenya tree. I bought it bc then I thought I liked the fact it spread rapidly......omg! I have so many Kenya trees now I can't possible stick them anywhere else. I thought they would kinda crowd themselves out and stop giving me small frags but I'm wrong lol. I am from a fairly small town so trying to get rid of them to other reefers is kinda hard, and the stores do not want them either lol soooooo if anyone wants any pls let me know. Im from eastern NC

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloienc27 http:///t/390289/overwhelmed-with-kenyas#post_3455301
I have a 40 gal that started with only one good lookin Kenya tree. I bought it bc then I thought I liked the fact it spread rapidly......omg! I have so many Kenya trees now I can't possible stick them anywhere else. I thought they would kinda crowd themselves out and stop giving me small frags but I'm wrong lol. I am from a fairly small town so trying to get rid of them to other reefers is kinda hard, and the stores do not want them either lol soooooo if anyone wants any pls email me. Im from eastern NC.
LOL...I wouldn't post my private e-mail ... I would take the little frags and glue them onto a single rock...I also keep them close together to be a little "forest" I love mine. I'm sure they are some beginners here who would be glad to take some off your hands or trade.

cloienc27

Thx didn't quite think of that! I'm able to change my post but since you reposted it I can't change that! I have a forest already of Kenyas and have 1-2 new frags everyday lol

1guydude

everyday lol? Cut ur main one man.... dont cut the main main trunk but trim it! Throw away the ones u dont want lol... btw i can still see ur email in flowers quote!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloienc27 http:///t/390289/overwhelmed-with-kenyas#post_3455345
Thx didn't quite think of that! I'm able to change my post but since you reposted it I can't change that! I have a forest already of Kenyas and have 1-2 new frags everyday lol
I took care of it
I am in the same predicament as you.....I have more Kenya then I know what to do with....and nowhere to bring it....right now I have been tossing it in the QT....this way new fish have a place to hide, and IF I had to treat something...I guess I'd have to figure out something else....LOL

A

alexa11

I would love a few Kenya Frags if anyone still has some; I'm up in Maine. I'm trying to restart my reef after a hiatus and could use some movement : )

tirtza

I wish I had your problem! I would LOVE it if my Kenya Trees would spread! What's your secret, how do I get them to grow? I've had two in my tank for somewhere between 3-4 months and they seem a little bigger but haven't spread at all. I even have them right up close to my rock work...and they won't spread. How do they spread exactly? Here's a picture of my tank....

rlablan

I would be more than happy to take some off your hands if you feel bad about throwing them away. I am in AZ but I would pay pal you for the shipping. :)