package for live sand bed

hounddogg68

hey everyone i was wondering if swf has a place to order bristle worm and other creatures for the sand bed itself,,,i really need to order a package to get my sand bed really going :eek:

javajoe

I am pretty sure that SWF dose not sell these... but if you go to any seatrch engine and search for 'detrivore kit' that is what you are looking for....

hounddogg68

anyone else have any ideas where to go ,you can email me the site,,id really like to get my sandbed going so i can order some more fish from swf

karlas

just so ya know only moderaters from the site are able to email you when u click on the email that is what it says anyway just to let you know.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Requesting to email info about other vendor sites is also a violation on this site, but as said, a quick search on the web will get you where you want to go.

hounddogg68

i thought saltwaterfish.com was here to help people not to run them off,,,,if i cant find what i need for my live sand bed then i cant order inverts and packages from swf,,,so how is someone telling me what i can look for a problem,,i know im not the only on out here that needs thisif you dont want to help me find what i need so i can order then dont write in my message,,,,and i guess if swf dont want me ordering from them so be it,,,there are others

javajoe

Hound dog,
Do you know what a search engine is? It is a website that you can search the whoel internet for stuff.
I just did a search on some of the most common websites out there for the words "detrivore kit" and found at least 10 websites right off that sell detrivore kits (that is what you are looking for to put in your sand bed).
This forum is provided as a free service to people involved in this hobby, by a company that makes a living by selling stuff for saltwater fish hobbyists. It is not an unreasonable request that it's users not promote other companys, and posting a link to another company's website would be sending business elsewhere, as most places that sell detrivore kits also sell other reef tank related goods and livestock.
If this is not something that you can live with, there are a lot of other places that have forums for this hobby, including lots of forums that allow you to post links to other companies.
Yes, Saltwaterfish.com is here to help people, but they are also trying to make a buck- and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that! I for one have gleened TONS of helpful information from this website and from other users in the forums, and have not found another board out there that has people as helpful or knowledgeable.
So give the mods a break, and if you listen, we ARE trying to help you, within the guidelines that have been laid out for all members of the saltwaterfish.com forums.
Oh- another tip for when you do a search, leave "detrivore kit" in quotes, and if you don't find anything right away, try "detrivore kits"
Good luck- and good hunting!
Joe
PS- most places that sell detrivore kits sell them for about $40-$50, plus shipping- being live goods, it usually is around $25 for shipping (on the sites i just found).
[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Javajoe ]

ross k.

Theres a great lfs hear in indiana called Inland aquatics that carries detritivore kits but im not sure if they ship or not but they probably do. If you want info just email me.

fshhub

finding detrivore kits is as easy as it was said, just use a search engine.
as for posting vendors sites, on behalf of swf and it's moderators, this is a free site here to help us, an it is being maintained by swf, who is an online vendor, so allowing us to do so would be a conflicting interest for them; not o mention that i know if i owned a site like this, i would not want all free useres to advertise for other companies, AT MY EXPENCE, it is a free service not a pay site, please do not be upset with them
it is rather nice of the administrators to allow us to tell you how to find other sites,IMO
[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: fshhub ]

hounddogg68

yes,i too like swf, this is a very helpful site and i have ordered lots from them and dont plan to order from anyone else,,yes i know what a search engine is,,i would never go to any other site to order from,i just wanted a little help trying to get this new sand bed kick started,,maybe as a suggestion would swf find someone that only sells detrivore kits and sort of work out a deal with them or start carrying them thierselves,,that would be awesome,,,im not mad,its just the way beth phrased it ,i know she didnt mean it to sound bad,,it just hit me the wrong way at the time,,but all is good ,,im trying that search again and see what i can find this time,,,ty everyone