particles in water

tripleup05

For some reason I've been havin problems with micro bubbles at the top of my tank, so I thought I would turn everything off and turn each piece of equipment on one thing at a time to see what was producing them. Well, when I shut everything down (HOT Mag, Millenium 2000 w/ topfin cartridge, skimmer, and two powerheads) the water became totally still (obviously). But I noticed tiny particles of "stuff" all throughout the water column. I thought that maybe this is what i thought were my microbubbles, but when i fired it all back up, what i truly am seeing are microbubbles. so what is all that floating junk. is it normal? I thought maybe it was fibers coming off to the topfin cartidge so I pulled it out, but they are still there this morning. Maybe it is just dust? Can anybody help? Thanks!

tripleup05

Red Sea Prizm. I'll be honest...I dont know if I have it set correctly. I cant find anybody who knows enough about them to help me.

eel

get rid of the red sea scimmer they stink i have one in one of my tanks,youyan plat with it all day long they just dont work.i have the aqua sea ramora the difference is like night and day.

dmc888

Well it would help if you can add polyester fiber filling or a micron pad to catch those small particles.
Did you change anything?
I usually get little white specs when i clean my filter.
Or change my cartridge on my other tank.
I know its in the filter.Some kind of white crud.
I also used different filter pads in my emp 400 that are working better than the originals.
An inch thick compared to half an inch stock.