Pdmxb2000's JBJ 28g nanocube

pdmxb2000

so i got the jbj 28g nanocube quad, i had a 14g biocube before, and im really liking this jbj better, has 2 returns, a wave maker, and a center overflow. seems to be alot nice so far. biggest thing i like is the back chambers are exposed and you dont have to lift the hood everytime to get back there! So i have 15lbs of figi live rock, and 17lbs of Bali live rock (this stuff is super light and looks awesome). 25lbs of aragonite substrate. im gonna upgrade my return pumps to maxi jet 1200's. i just ordered them. I also started the tank with cycled water, waited a week all my levels were ok and added a cleanup crew last week. i got 5 orange turbo snails, 10 blue leg hermits, and 2 emerald crabs in there now. I plan on getting 2 picasso clowns, a green mandarin down the road when my fuge is setup and has lots of pods, and prolly some sort of shrimp/goby combo. Coral wise, im gonna go with softys, rics, zoas, shrooms, polyps that kinda stuff. well here it is so far...

troy989

i like the rock u should get ywg/tiger pistol shrimp btw i got the biocube 29 i wana mandarin also my lr has been in another mans tank for 2 years so i bet theres lots of pods but ima still wait like 4 more months till i even try

pdmxb2000

itll prolly eat those pods in a week, ive been told even with a refugium supplyin pods thats its still good to like once a month buy a bottle of pods and put them in because they eat so much

skate020

yehh unless you have a fuge no manderin, it'll eat through a 28g full of pods in a few days -a week.
eventually it'll starve. should deffinately get a fuge if you want a mandy:D

pdmxb2000

Originally Posted by skate020
http:///forum/post/3174887
yehh unless you have a fuge no manderin, it'll eat through a 28g full of pods in a few days -a week.
eventually it'll starve. should deffinately get a fuge if you want a mandy:D
ya i agree, even with a fuge should still supplement in pods to keep reproducing in the fuge..they are beautiful fish its worth it to me

tommy123

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3174866
i like the rock u should get ywg/tiger pistol shrimp btw i got the biocube 29 i wana mandarin also my lr has been in another mans tank for 2 years so i bet theres lots of pods but ima still wait like 4 more months till i even try
becareful you don't get the big pistol tiger shrimp. They cause alot of problems cause they love to dig all over the place and it will cause your tank to be a mess. get the small pistol shrimp if I were you. once you put them in it is very hard to get them out unless you drain the whole tank and take the rocks out.

pdmxb2000

Originally Posted by tommy123
http:///forum/post/3177406
becareful you don't get the big pistol tiger shrimp. They cause alot of problems cause they love to dig all over the place and it will cause your tank to be a mess. get the small pistol shrimp if I were you. once you put them in it is very hard to get them out unless you drain the whole tank and take the rocks out.

well i did get the yasha and pistol, its not the banded pistol shrimp, but ya he is small, but is already makin burrows all over the place. I just got them yesterday so the yasha is still hiding and hasnt come out much yet. im gonna feed him today and see if that will bring him out a little...pics will be coming as soon as i can get some

pdmxb2000

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3178112
i have off school today and im board but i hope u can get pics soon lookin forward to em

i just came home and turned the corner into my room and he was out but swam right back into his little whole really fast..my little yasha is a little shy so far

pdmxb2000

soooooooo my laptop died and i havent been able to give any updates. very soon it will be fixed or i will be getting a new one. and new pics to come. i got some nice new stuff in the tank!

pdmxb2000

this is a awesome zoa rock, 100+ of green and orange zoas, and for some reaso they just dont open anymore? anyone help me out? everything else in my tank is doing grreat, all my levels are completely fine, i dont get it? they are on the bottom of the tank, i doubt its a light issue? anyone?

and my picasso clown, which his mate will be arriving this week

nissan577

i know how you feel my zoas wouldnt open either!!!!!!!! dip them bro. anyway its looking super!!!!!!!!

pdmxb2000

so i went to my reef store today to get some idodine for a dip, and i ended up picking up a new zoa frag and a green madarin that eats frozen! i witnessed it with my own eyes. i bought the same food and he ate it in my tank as well...picks will be up soon......and the dip worked on my closed zoas, they are already starting to open up! thanks nissan!

pdmxb2000

camera im using sucksssss so the colors are really bland

and again today i watched my mandy eat frozen..if anyone wants the name of the food ill be happy to give it to ya

new zoas, camera doesnt do anything for the colors

full tank, if u look down in the bottom left u can see my yashia peeking his head out of his burrow!