PE Mysis vs Mysis

meowzer

OK I hear a lot of talk about PE Mysis, and from what I gather it is a larger mysis...I have been using the regular mysis in cubes for my horses, and as we all know they are tiny...
What is the size difference of the PE that comes in cubes?

teresaq

the PE are quite a bit lrger then regular mysis. They are great for lrg adult horses. I am still using hiraki but will switch them when they grow up.
T

novahobbies

I went out and bought some PE mysis after reading about them here. To be honest, my horses didn't take well to them at ALL. I just went back and got more Hikari after feeding PE for a week. All of my horses are adult-sized, and they even hunt saltwater ghost shrimp when I add them as a treat, but they were very picky about the PE brand. My H. erectus female actually spit the food back up on two occasions! I don't know why they had such a reaction, but I won't take chances.....Hikari mysis it is. They get live ghost shrimp as a treat once every week or so.

meowzer

Hmmm I was going to order some with my next order, but maybe I'll skip it. They are also more than 2x the price of hikari mysis. I just thgouht they were better or something.

reefnutpa

My adult Erectus won't even look at Hikari as food, it is way too small for them. I use PE Mysis for all my adult seahorses.
Tom