Pearly Blue Jawfish Question

clownfish4

Hello all, been awhile;
I just bought a Pearly Blue Jawfish today and properly acclimated him to my 24 G Nano Cube, making sure salinity, water temp, and PH were all equal, also kept the water aerated during the hour long drip process and of course the lights where out. The Jawfish was doing great in the acclimation bowl, swimming around and seemed relaxed. After an hour passed I checked everything again, and it all checked out. I then poured him into the tank very slowly, and he slipped right in. However, upon doing so, he darted to the back and kinda just drifted to the bottom. He has been on his side, breathing normally, for the past 4 hours. I am really worried, I am not sure what went wrong. Is this normal for jawfish to act like this? With my experience it just doesn't seem right. I am not sure what to do. If anyone has an idea that could help me out, please respond!
Tank stats:
Salinity: 1.023
Temp: 77 F
Nitrates: 0ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm
PH: 8.3
Establish for about 5 months now
Bi weekly water changes

bang guy

Laying on its side is not normal. How is it doing today?
Do you have substrate it can dig in?
The REALLY like to jump so a tank cover of some type is advised.

clownfish4

Laying on its side is not normal.  How is it doing today?
Do you have substrate it can dig in?
The REALLY like to jump so a tank cover of some type is advised.
I woke up to find that he did move, and seems to be breathing fine still. He isn't lying on his side anymore and is half curled up. Not moving much just hanging around. Yes I do have 4-5 inches of powder sand, some empty hermit crab and snail shells are around too. I also have a screen cover for my tank. Is this normal jawfish behavior?

bang guy

doesn't seem normal to me. Maybe it's just scared.
Make some small pebbles of reef rubble available. Just set it in a little pile somewhere, the fish can go get what it needs.

clownfish4

I just was looking for him and couldn't find him. I saw a sliver of blue and white in the sand and I thought he had died, I went in to scoop him out and he popped right up, and seemed fine, he now is resting in a cave in the rock. Really strange...

clownfish4

Being in the cave is normal.  I'm surprised he's not trying to dig a hole though.
He seems to be doing better, he has started to dig sand out from underneath a large rock, I guess he is creating his burrow. A good sign =) !

clownfish4

This morning I found the pearly jawfish again lying on his side out side his borrow, he seemed to be doing very well over the weekend, digging out his borrow and seemed normal. Now he doesn't look good at all :sad: Very strange behavior, my other fish seem to be doing fine. Any ideas?