Peculiar percula

grovey

anyone know how common it is to see a percula with only two stripes instead of the normal three?

bang guy

Hi!! WELCOME :jumping: :cheer: :jumping:
A. Percula Clownfish develop their tail stripe last and sometimes it's late, especially with the Onyx version. If you actually have the A. Ocellaris and it's missing its tail stripe then it might have been malnourished when it was small. Most conscientious breeders will destroy malformed Clownfish. If its jaws come together properly and it otherwise looks good then it will be fine.

grovey

other than the missing stripe he is doing fine nice size eats well really good fish i do appriciate the info though I was not overly concerned just curious as to the rarity of this
also i'm sure i can answer this question myself but this is wishful thinking but i'm aquireing a porcupine puffer this week and have several crabs in my tank and an anemone i'm sure he will eat all of the aformentioned inverts but is there a possiblity of a young one being introduced and learning to accept them.. although i'm sure instincs will be to strong to not.. i'm not going to be terribly upset if this occurs as i'm planning my coral tank and would have to purchase all new inverts anyway and wouldn't have an anemone in my coral tank but i just wanted your input or experiences with this situation this will be my first puffer so i'm rather excited :yes:
thanks for any help
BTW guynwarsaw
that wouldn't be warsaw, IN??

bang guy

I've never had a Puffer. Try asking in the agressive forum for an accurate answer. I could only guess.
Warsaw NY :)

meow

Even as babies, in the wild their diet consists of crustaceans. Stick a puffer in a tank with crabs, no matter what the size, he's gonna eat them. :)

akinda

i have 2 tank raised maroon and the one has his lips come together but the other one has the bottom jaw come out farther but ive had him for 3 months and hes doin fine all beside he hides alot my wrasse picks on everything else.but is this what you were talking about by the jaws?

akinda

i can see what your saying they wont have as easy time in a tank i guess my wrasse knows about his defect he alwasy messes with my small clown. he took the anterior dorsal fin off him i dont know how many times.

adamman

I just got a GS Maroon that looks simliar to the one in your avatar. Do the stripes start to come in more as they age or will he look like that forever?

akinda

dont know mine still look like that but are starting to get yellow now to bad the seem like they are goin to die i hope not.