Penn State university Reef Aquarium

kg2qe

I could not resist this photo opportunity. More to come. I dont know how to post more then 5 pics together.

bang guy

Sanjay Joshi & crew are doing an excellent job aren't they?!
Dr. Joshi is going to be a keynote speaker at the Upstate Reef Society of New York "An Evening at the Reef". Anthony Calfo and Eric Borneman are also joining us! This is going to be the event of the year for us!!

kg2qe

This is my sons first yr there. I saw this tank and could not believe my eyes. Any guess how much this entire set is worth?

bang guy

He told me once but I forgot. A lot of us donated corals and I believe he had a lot of sponsors. $20,000 rings a bell but I might be thinking about the Zoo tank I care for.

kg2qe

My tank right now is fish and live rock for the most part. But I spend time at the LFS and price things. $20,000 Would not supprise me in the least. The next time I get a chance I will take more pics of the reef instead of the fish.

theappe

damn that is nice. we have a salty fish tank in FIU but that thing sucks and they dont take care of it.

reefboys

Where is that tank? On campus? What building? I'm up at State College for wrestling matches all the time (Go Phil Davis!!!) and I've never seen or heard of that tank.

kg2qe

Originally Posted by Reefboys
Where is that tank? On campus? What building? I'm up at State College for wrestling matches all the time (Go Phil Davis!!!) and I've never seen or heard of that tank.
The name of the building is called The Hub.The tank is down stairs. My picks do it no justice. Take your camera. You will be glad you did.

babyb

the school i go to has two saltwater tanks, one is an aptaisa tank with a condi and the other "reef tank" has lik 3 frags in a 55 with more hair alge than water, its pothetic, i wanted to ask them if they would mind me bringing up some frags to help out alittle but i think its far beyond help

kg2qe

Originally Posted by goingpoor
do you know how many gallons it is?????its looks pretty big

Sorry, no. There is a plaque on the tank that answers a lot of common questions. Next time I go there I will check.