Perc clown and a Oce Clown

nanokid

Well these 2 clowns get together. A Ocellaris clown and a perc clown get along if its just them 2 together

ice4ice

They are 2 diff species of clownfish and not recommended to mix clown species in same tank. Then again, things do work in mysterious ways. But to be safe - no.
Bang Guy, what are your thoughts ?

eaglewonj

If i recall correctly, these 2 species are sooo closely related that they may not even know the difference and just breed as normal. I have the book clownfishes, I'll take a look.

fish1031

this right from this site "The Percula Clownfish, a.k.a. Ocellaris Clown or False Percula, is the most recognizable fish when it comes to saltwater aquariums"

a sea k

They are two different fish, A.percula-the true perc, and A.ocellaris-the false perc. They are different but very closely related.
They are compatable with each other and will also pair and mate.
I have A.percula (black onx color) with A.ocellaris (all black) together in a 65gal.

nanokid

Thats very interesting. When I turned off the lights in the tank they where like brothers swam together and the big 1 didnt even go after him. Till i turned on the lights the big 1 went right after the little one and the little one does the shimmy but it dosent look like the big one is hurting him. The big 1 just seems to be goin after him. I see no marks on the little ones tail or on its skin. It looks normal

bang guy

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
They are 2 diff species of clownfish and not recommended to mix clown species in same tank. Then again, things do work in mysterious ways. But to be safe - no.
Bang Guy, what are your thoughts ?
They will sometimes bond, even occationally mate. It's not common though so it's best to keep to one species.