Perculas

This may sound really stupid, but is it possible to take a male and female pair of every percula and put them into one giant tank together? It sounds like a cool idea to me! Of course, I want to check with you guys cause I'm kind of a newbie and don't know if maybe some of them will fight. Thanx for the input!
-Jillian=+)

I get this weird feeling you're trying to tell me they're going to fight :D What types of clownfish are compatible?
-Jillian=+)

clarkiiboi

I am reading this post 2 different ways. What I think you mean is can you pair up different types of clowns in the same tank as opposed to different pairs of percs. right? :p

bang guy

I recommend you pick your favorite clownfish and get a pair. You CAN get others but you need a really big tank.

Well, what I thought was that it would be a really nice thing to see if two of every type of clownfish (not just the percs) were put into a tank together. Of course, now that I think about it, it would have to be one BIG tank. Maybe just black clownfish and false percs since those are my two favorites and are so beautiful. Thanx for the input guys!

bang guy

My True Perc isn't quite a Black Perc but the orange on him is stunning IMO and i think it makes him look better than an all-black. Here's a pic of him placing eggs during mating..

mcgruff

Wow! Those are some beautiful fish. How long did you have the pair before they bred? Also, have you had any luck with hatching? If so, were you able to fully rear them and what did you feed, liquid rotifers?

bang guy

The pic was the first time they bred. They hatched last week and I made no attempt at raising them. They bred again last night. i think I'll give it a go this time. I'll try a mix of rotifers and copepods and see what happens.
I purchased the Clowns (tank bred) about 2 years ago. They were TINY when I got them.

bang guy

The Black Perc was from a fellow reefer. I believe it was $20. After they adopted the mushroom the Black got a lot darker.

bang guy

I don't currently have an Anemone. Maybe someday I'll get a hobbiest propogated anemone, but probably not.
I have Green Hairy Mushrooms. They are easy to propogate, the population in the wild is not diminishing, and the life expectancy is not cut short by a couple of centuries in an aquarium.. I guess you now know how I feel :)
This is their host: