Pets sleep with you?

flower

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2104334
Cat has her own pillow... and she'll bite the junk out of me if I mess with it.

A pet that bites you is not a good pet..JMO, it would not have a happy home for long with me. Kitty and her pillow would be outside. I may even put kitty in the pillow case and tie a knot and then put it outside.
I used to allow my dog to sleep on the bed. It is a BAD idea, and if you are just starting you should stop it before it is so ingrained you can't.
Dogs smell like dogs, and frankly if you sleep with Fido you will smell like Fido. You can't smell it but others can. Then there is the hair, and if it ever happens and it can...the fleas, and then last but not least...Fido thinks he is your equal. You lose Alpha points in his eyes. All this not moving and hogging space, it is because you are now an equal, not a master.
I have $300.00 sheets on my bed, and a nice down comforter...my dog USED to sleep in my bed until the day he decided he had to spin in a circle before laying down. He ripped a hole in the comforter with his toenail, what a mess..feathers everywhere, a $400.00 comforter ruined.
For what it is worth, cats are impossible to keep off the bed unless you lock them out of the room altogether.
Cats have no alpha, they know they are lord and master, but they do leave hair everywhere and unless kitty always stays inside, there is always the possibility of fleas and ticks..I love my dog, he now sleeps at the side of my bed on the floor
. and my Mother loves her Siamese cat, she tried putting a towel down to save the sheets. After finding 3 ticks on the bed…we started using advantage from pet meds for the cat now, but EEEEWWWW. Even the thought of a tick or flea on the bed freaks me out. Fleas are like critter lice..

BTW...if your children show up in school with flea bites in Wisconsin you will get a visit from chidren and family services. My Adult son was given a choice, lose the dog or lose his children.
You would think they had better things to do.

t316

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3177902

A pet that bites you is not a good pet..JMO, it would not have a happy home for long with me. Kitty and her pillow would be outside. I may even put kitty in the pillow case and tie a knot and then put it outside.
I used to allow my dog to sleep on the bed. It is a BAD idea, and if you are just starting you should stop it before it is so ingrained you can't.
Dogs smell like dogs, and frankly if you sleep with Fido you will smell like Fido. You can't smell it but others can. Then there is the hair, and if it ever happens and it can...the fleas, and then last but not least...Fido thinks he is your equal. You lose Alpha points in his eyes. All this not moving and hogging space, it is because you are now an equal, not a master.
I have $300.00 sheets on my bed, and a nice down comforter...my dog USED to sleep in my bed until the day he decided he had to spin in a circle before laying down. He ripped a hole in the comforter with his toenail, what a mess..feathers everywhere, a $400.00 comforter ruined.
For what it is worth, cats are impossible to keep off the bed unless you lock them out of the room altogether.
Cats have no alpha, they know they are lord and master, but they do leave hair everywhere and unless kitty always stays inside, there is always the possibility of fleas and ticks..I love my dog, he now sleeps at the side of my bed on the floor
. and my Mother loves her Siamese cat, she tried putting a towel down to save the sheets. After finding 3 ticks on the bed…we started using advantage from pet meds for the cat now, but EEEEWWWW. Even the thought of a tick or flea on the bed freaks me out. Fleas are like critter lice..

BTW...if your children show up in school with flea bites in Wisconsin you will get a visit from chidren and family services. My Adult son was given a choice, lose the dog or lose his children.
You would think they had better things to do.
I take it you don't like pets in bed...

I'm with you on the cats, but otherwise...

lovethesea

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3177898
:
so no sleeping with the snakes

OMG.....hellz to the NO..............i dunno, the 2 crazy arse hooded killers vs. the 200 pound "I will kill you with my hugs or poops" creatures.......

mgatdog

It use to be bulldog and choc lab . Now seven Shih-tzu .Talk about birth control I can't even get near my wife!

crypt keeper

i swore I replied. As much as I fought it I cant sleep without the little brats next to me. I used to think people were odd as hell for letting dogs sleep with them. But they dont shed and dont stink. So whatever

scotts

LTS, don't get me started on how great Margie is. OK one thing. Anytime, and I mean everytime, she walks by you she gives you a quick little lick on the leg, just to say "Hello, I love you!"
BTL, I hear you. 2 of ours like to lay on pillows on the sofa. Of course fresh clean warm laundry is the BEST thing to lay on.
T3, No way!!! When I bumped this up I thought you were going to give me a load of grief about it. Yeah sure your wife made you build the stairs, you old softy.

t316

okay, the real reason...Wife is going to pick the mutt up and put him up there every night anyway. The problem his, when he trys to jump down he about breaks his legs. You could hear him let out a whine/grunt everytime he did it. So I started looking at the vet bill costs that would probably soon be coming, and figured the steps were cheaper

(...but I admit it, I love him)

darthtang aw

So I am reading through the thread...and come to a post by tobin.
Spooked the hell out of me.....
New rule....noone can bring back any threads older than a year....start a new one.

flower

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3178164
New rule....noone can bring back any threads older than a year....start a new one.

+1
Until you said something I didn't even notice..LOL

S

shrimpy brains

Definitely, both my dogs sleep with me. No worries, they get baths and frontline, so they don't stink and no fleas, ticks, etc.

small triggers

My dogs only get to sleep in my bed once a week or so,,, the day they get a bath..... and my one cute little (not so little) girl mini schnauzer who is now over 25lbs will lay at the foot of the bed on the edge so i am comfortable, my little boy who is 7 lbs starts at my feet then crawls up me in the course of the night,, waking me up everytime he moves,,, he gets put back in his kennel about 3 hours after we go to bed, and the girl follows cuz she cant stand to be more than 5 feet from him, lol..

t316

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3178164

http:///forum/post/3178182

+1
Until you said something I didn't even notice..LOL
NEW RULE CLARIFICATION...If it's in the archives, it's fair game...PERIOD.

tank a holic

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2104274
I was calling in one of our dogs last night and I got to thinking, who else sleeps with a pet on their bed? If you answer yes, go ahead and tell us what pet it is.
We have two dogs, one sleeps with our daughter and one has started sleeping with us.
absolutly not..
my dog has her own bed on the floor beside mine
she's also not allowed on my furniture or begging for food at the table

scotts

Counter new rule. No one can bring back a thread after one year, only when all the political threads are dropped from this website!
As far a the post from Tobin, he is the epitomy of this thread. During all his tough times and when he was bed ridden he had a cat that staryed with him at all times. He only had to reach his hand down and there was his cat to give him comfort. I can think on no better reason to have a pet sleep with you in your bed than that pure true love. My only apologies are to Jenny if this brings back memories.

jennythebugg

i miss him so much, but it was nice for me to see it i look up his old threads all the time
back on subject iv'e just got one cat that sleeps with me but if she even thinks im going to bed she tries to beat me in there

gpkozmp

Just google the dog breed, anatolian shepherd, I used to have two of them and it was in a queen size bed plus the wife and I.

flower

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3178224
Definitely, both my dogs sleep with me. No worries, they get baths and frontline, so they don't stink and no fleas, ticks, etc.

Frontline does nothing to ticks..use Advantage, I do. Still doggie shampoo does not smell good to me. My dogs place is still on the floor next to me.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3179126

Frontline does nothing to ticks..use Advantage, I do. Still doggie shampoo does not smell good to me. My dogs place is still on the floor next to me.
I don;t give my dogs baths that often...I take them to a groomer...BUT when I do, after shampooing them, I use (people) conditioner....this makes them smell less doggylike (HAHA) makes their hair softer too, and less stuff sticks to it