PEZenfuego's 4 gallon Pico Tank Diary

pezenfuego

My first trip home with the tank was a success. The temperature dropped down to 70 degrees though. I need to find a way to remedy that in the future, but ultimately everything seems to be thriving now. I'm actually back at school, but things are looking up.

pezenfuego

I'm finally discovering critters. I found a few bristle worms and I believe some vermetid snails. When I was basting the live rock, I saw quite a few webs. On the brighter side, very little algae is making a presence. I am not currently feeding though. Plan:
1) New light
2) The Journey Home
3) Let everything settle
4) Fish and Shrimp
5) Adjust to feedings
6) CORAL!
I almost died last week and am currently car-less. So we'll see how things go from here.

pezenfuego

New light-pictures to come. I got a Milwauki pH tester and calibrated it. My water tested 7.7, which is pretty darn low. I'll test more later and test a batch of saltwater before a change. But I'm wondering what I should do if my change water and tank water have low pH.

pezenfuego

Also, the pH problem was simply due to poor aeration. I aimed the return at the surface last night and just tested it. It was 8.2.

pezenfuego

UPDATE: I moved the tank back on Friday. It is looking pretty good right now and I will call about a shrimp and fish on Tuesday.

pezenfuego

I am going to see how the feeding schedule goes before starting on my coral garden. I'm so excited. They both seem happy and normal. My pod population is through the roof and so is my bristle worm population.

S

smallreef

fish and shrimp are VERY cute! Like how you managed to make the shrimp look.... well just to get a picture of it, lol