Ph is 7.7-8.0

carshark

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
In my opinion the buffer you're adding could be a worse problem than a low PH. It could also be causing the low PH if your Alkalinity is too high.
Have you tested Calcium and Alkalinity?
calc i dont have a test for, i wasnt aware that a FOWLR set up required this, my alk is low, about 90, on the low end of 90

bang guy

Originally Posted by carshark
is a calcium test really neccessary for a FOWLR set up?? :notsure:
Unfortunately it is. ALK & Calcium should be balanced in a SW aquarium. The only way to maintain this balance is to test current levels.

carshark

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Unfortunately it is. ALK & Calcium should be balanced in a SW aquarium. The only way to maintain this balance is to test current levels.

yeah i checked my alk, and its about 90-100 this morning, as is well with the fish it seems i am going to pick up a calc. test today thanks......also my ph is still around 7.7 ish without the lights on this morning, im just worried because i am taking my salinity down from 1.020 today to about 1.015 today, and then tomorrow to 1.009 and worried about the ph going down... :jumping:

carshark

ph is still holding fish are ok, salinity is down to 1.018, everything holding strong...any other suggestions...