PH too high

buzzword

My Ph is 8.51! How can I get it down? Any other ways then doing a water change? I could have new water by tomorrow. Any thoughts. probably dripping too much kalk got it that high.

Get Seachem's 8.4... It's magic... I have a higly stocked tank and had low pH, and started dosing every other day for my twenty gallon and my pH has been 8.4 since. :) Their other products, like Calcification and Fuel are a must for my tank too...

bmkj02

There is a PH Down chemical you can use. I used it one time that I messed up and it hit about 8.9. Lost a tang but was able to save the rest. I would use it and then test again. IMO I would do water changes instead of chemicals. The only reason I used it was cause how high it went within mins. A pretty good water change should get you where you want. You may be ok at 8.5 and let it go down on its own and stop dosing till it does.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Buzzword
http:///forum/post/3186640
My Ph is 8.51! How can I get it down? Any other ways then doing a water change? I could have new water by tomorrow. Any thoughts. probably dripping too much kalk got it that high.
It's fine.

buzzword

Thanks for the replies Bang and Coral keeper. Gonna do a 25g water change today anyway. Holding the kalk for a while.