Photo Contest Week 10 Topic: Starfish

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Submit your favorite Starfish Photo and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Saltwaterfish.com and a donation will be made in their name to The Deep Blue Seas Foundation.

S

smartorl

I bought them as red knobbies, I'm not sure if they have another name, I'll look around and see if I can find one. I bought two of them and would love to find more. They are always out and about and I love the way they look.
These are the ones thought that my clowns love to pick up in their mouths and carry around, namely put in the anemone. I have pulled each of them out of the nem several times, they are rigid and covered in slime, they appear to be dead. I have used a power head to blow off the slime, place them on the sand and within an hour or so, they are back cruising around. I don't know why the clowns are so attracted to them. I have three types of clowns in three tanks and all three have done the same thing!

yannifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/381925/photo-contest-week-10-topic-starfish#post_3330364
I bought them as red knobbies, I'm not sure if they have another name, I'll look around and see if I can find one. I bought two of them and would love to find more. They are always out and about and I love the way they look.
These are the ones thought that my clowns love to pick up in their mouths and carry around, namely put in the anemone. I have pulled each of them out of the nem several times, they are rigid and covered in slime, they appear to be dead. I have used a power head to blow off the slime, place them on the sand and within an hour or so, they are back cruising around. I don't know why the clowns are so attracted to them. I have three types of clowns in three tanks and all three have done the same thing!
Maybe they think they are anomone food?

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/381925/photo-contest-week-10-topic-starfish#post_3330364
We've got them here at SWF.com labeled as

Knobby Starfish

Echinaster echinophorus

and they are usually $9.99ea. (although they are currently out of stock)

B

brandonsivek

I posted a pic of my Chocolate Chip earlier today but I still dont see it. It said something along the lines that I am still new and it will have to go through Admin. Do yall know about how long this takes cause I joined in another pic contest a while back and it went straight to the thread. Thanks so much yall and good luck to everyone!

monsinour

my wife is extremely envious of you Anti, she soo wanted a blue starfish in the tank. its a blue linkavia (or something) right?