Photos of my tank.... take a look!

javajoe

I finally got aorund to posting these.. some pics I have taken over the last few months of the tank.
Here is a shot of my cleaner shrimp:

A shot fo my RED emerald crab, munching away:

One of the many pulsing xenias in my tank:

Good shot of my yellow polyps:

My late sally lightfoot (not sure when she died) we just replaced her last night, as we haven't seen the other for several weeks.

Shot of my seahorse and my molly miller blenny hanging out. They do this quite often- its actually kinda cute. (molly blenny is a little dark in this shot.)

Who says that seahorses can't handle the current :) This piece of weeds got sucked partway into the power head, and was 'blowing' in the flow coming out of the powerhead. The seahorse grabbed onto the weed, lowered his snout into the current, and grabbed at little bits of stuff flying through to eat! he did this repeatedly over a couple day period until the weeds got bumped off.

And finally, a group photo- my seahorse, red emerald crab, a hermit, my tree sponge and a colt coral.

Hope you liked the show!

javajoe

A few closeups that would not fit in the first post....
Here is a closeup of my bubble coral:

Closeup of my fox coral:

Close up of one of my hammer corals:

B

bt_1999_66

javajoe....
Now that I am out of the trance which you just induced....
Where did you get the RED Emerald.... I would call it a RUBY crab.....SWEET, SWEET, SWEET....!

broomer5

Nice pics - nice tank Joe !
That seahorse hanging on the weed/powerhead is a classic !
beautiful treat for me eyeballs - thanks !

javajoe

The camera i used is the Kodak DIgital DX4900. I work for a computer company, and when i went through 3 rolls of film on our daughter the first DAY- i decided i better drop the $300 and save some cash in teh long run. :) (i got it at cost, retails for about 4 bills).
I also used macro lenses, not sure what ones, there is a 10x and a 7x, you can use them together and seperately.
As for the red emerald, my LFS has these quite often... they dont have them all teh time, but right now they have 2 as of the other night when i was there.

javajoe

Originally posted by Polka
Awesome pics.................would really love to see a pic of the whole tank. Any chance?

I'm doing a water change tonight-- I'll either get a shot tonight or tomorrow and post it of the whole tank

nm reef

Javajoe...you post that full tank shot with your wife & daughter in the pic and you'll be my hero for the day!!!!
I'd settle for just the tank shot......*_^

wamp

Nice Pics!!
Could not help to notice the sponge. Is that a cutting of the infamous 5,789,982,100 foot sponge?
Seriously though, Very nice pics..

javajoe

Originally posted by wamp
Nice Pics!!
Could not help to notice the sponge. Is that a cutting of the infamous 5,789,982,100 foot sponge?

Oh- you didn't know? I flew out to see it, and our plane hit one of the branches, knocking off part of it-- most of it died after getting sucked threw the engine, but what was left i nursed back to health-- and there it is! :rolleyes:

killyah

what a nice lookin tank u have there!!!all the pics rocks but my fave was the 1 with the seahorse:D keep up the good work!!

javajoe

the fox is on teh bottom front, under the VHO, in the DSB. moderate current
i ffed it keny phytoplex every couple, days.