Picking up my first Saltwater fish

If my water tests out good this Saturday I plan on picking up a pair of Black and White Clowns and maybe a pink spotted watchman goby. Would it be ok if I added 3 fish to start with and keep an eye on the levels and do small water changes? I placed an order for Pink Spotted watchman and he should be in this week.

lmforbis

I'd stick with just one at first and wait a month or so for the other fish. It is important to take it slowly. Are you quarantining your fish?

bang guy

I agree that slower is better.

If the Clownfish are a bonded pair then they will need to go in together. If you're just getting two random Clownfish then it's best to add one at a time knowing that the first one you add will likely become the dominant Clownfish and turn female.

lmforbis

Beautiful fish.
Make sure you can get the goby to eat prepared foods. Sand sifters, like the one you got, eat the fauna, not waste, in the sand and there isn't much in a new tank or in a small tank. You have a new, small tank. They have been known to starve to death if they won't eat prepared food. Mine covers the entire sand bed of my 125 and eats prepared food. Great fish if they will eat for you.

Beautiful fish.
Make sure you can get the goby to eat prepared foods. Sand sifters, like the one you got, eat the fauna, not waste, in the sand and there isn't much in a new tank or in a small tank. You have a new, small tank. They have been known to starve to death if they won't eat prepared food. Mine covers the entire sand bed of my 125 and eats prepared food. Great fish if they will eat for you.
So far he is eating Market Shrimp and new Life Specturm flakes and New Era pellets. I noticed he eats way more than my clowns do. My clowns will only eat just a little but the goby eats a ton. I'm afraid he eats a little to much but now I won't worry so much. Only reason I got him was because I saw the LFS feed him after someone else also bought the bigger one in the tank. :)