PICS... First time posting.

cmonti

thanks man. Its been a slow and steady start..SPS are relatively new and doing well so far. Getting some polyp extension from the green slimer which Im happy with. If all stays well in a few weeks, plan to add more. May wait until I swap the T5 for LCD. With good water quality, how long do you think the T5 will support SPS? Tank is only 12"deep, so from what I have read, 4x T5 may do just fine. Still fairly new to the hobby so always looking for advice.

meowzer

Looks great....what bulbs do you have in the light? I have seen many tanks with T5 lighting support sps...

meowzer

Looks great....what bulbs do you have in the light? I have seen many tanks with T5 lighting support sps...

cmonti

stock.. 2x 10,000K & 2x actinic. Would you recommend swapping a blue for a fiji purple? What other option to I have to produce better colors and growth rate?

cmonti

each bulb is 31w; a total of 124w. Here lies my concern. LIke I said, tank is shallow and SPS are at top.. should i keep shopping LED?

meowzer

I think with better bulbs you should be able to keep sps with that, YUP.....This is only my opinion, BUT I have seen it done

cmonti

are the fixtures rated for a certain wattage? If I find higher wattage bulbs will they work with the ballasts? What would you suggest?

1guydude

no same watt bulbs....get ATI, grussiemen(SP) bulbs even zucchermins or something are good! Better par and better color!

cmonti

its actually a 30" that I had on my 20H that had a slight overhang. Was way too bright for the softies in the tank so I decided to use on 30. Got SPS after I had light on tank for a few days. Its resting on glass..

1guydude

So u have a glass top? Also ur water looks low man...U should have it up to the trim piece...itll look way better! Sweet tank though...i got a 20L and theyre kool lil reef tanks! If ur using a glass top...leave the back plastic piece off so the tank can breath... just trying to help u out man!

cmonti

only using a piece of the glass top to hold light. probably about 5-6in. width of tank is 18". making some RO/DI now for a little top off. Thanks all.. considering a controller with ATO but dont know too much about it. price? I do know that it keeps parameters more consistant which is important to me. keep the advice coming.

slice

SPS are doing fine in my tank under T5s, my fixture is a 6 lamp unit, but my tank is way deeper than yours (30"). I'm running (3) 12000K, (2) 460 and (1) 420.
I think you will be fine.