pics from thailand

sharkboy13

oh my god, that is aaaawwweesome. did u see anything else? and that is biggest sea cucumber i have/want to see

bill109

nice pics i went snokeling and saw a adult french angel along with some triggers. it was awesome...

kg2qe

Hi elkomom, your pics are excelent!!! I have not had a lot of luck taking pics while snorkling. I never had a good under water camera. I also would like to know, what camera did you use?

kwolfskill

Great pictures!
I am certainly not an expert, but since I am now using my third different underwater camera while scuba diving, let me offer a few tips:
1. Get close to what you are taking the picture of. As a matter of fact, once you are as close as you think you should be, get just a little closer.
2. Make sure you have a good light source. While you "can" get good underwater pictures without a good strobe, it is much harder.
3. Practice, practice, practice. Living in Colorado, I don't get much of a chance to go diving, but I try to take as many pictures as I can when I do. Taking pictures underwater is a lot harder than taking pictures above water, so keep trying.
4. Have fun!
Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread. Please have your daughter send more great pictures.

larryndana

kwolfskill, great advice....thanks.
what kind of camera? only ones ive ever used are the cheap disposable ones, which i know isn't going to give the best pics.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by cjason3041
i am going to Hawaii in october... i can't wait to swim with the fishes!!! :cheer:

where in HA are you going?
go to muai, and take the snorkel trip out to molokini on the "maui powercat"
sooooooooo worth it.
when we went, there were thousands of triggers. they would even come up and bump you.
when they first put the ladder into the water, the triggers were swimming through the rungs of the ladder- insane!