Pics of 75 gal

teviesfish

Comments welcome...
here are some pics of our 75 gallon that we just put qt fish into. Hope you like them as much as we do. Still working with the pic taking so have mercy on me ... Giggles.. have a great day!

evanish

Looks good but four clowns in the same tank is a bad idea. Over time, two of them will be singled out and killed.

teviesfish

75 gal with stand and hood
275 watts of light
back pac 2 skimmer
emporer 400 hob filter
tunzi wave master power head
110 pounds live rock
60 pounds live sand
frogspawn
2- plate corals
pipe organ
green brain
red brain
flowerpot coral
2 - mushrooms
red zoos
orange sponge
leather finger coral
one blue hippo
four perc clowns
one royal gramma
one fridmani
one flame angel fish
two lyrestail anthieas
one black cap baslet
one fire shrimp
two cleaner shrimps
30 snails
49 scarlet crabs
49 blue legged crabs
4 emerald crabs
1 sally lightfoot
1 cuccumber
1 goby
1 general star (came on live rock order)
got a new brain starting and three corals are in the works of spreading

teviesfish

Originally Posted by Evanish
Looks good but four clowns in the same tank is a bad idea. Over time, two of them will be singled out and killed.
A couple of people have said that... however we already had them at the time. All were living together already and so far so good.. been 4 months and not any problems...we will cross our fingers and if there is a problem we will switch them... got three tanks total

teviesfish

Originally Posted by praisethel
That looks nice. What is the blue coral in the upper left hand corner of your first picture?
Thanks
In the first coral.. there is two plate corals. the one on the left of the picture is a purple and the one on the right is a pink plate coral.

teviesfish

Originally Posted by teviesfish
In the first coral.. there is two plate corals. the one on the left of the picture is a purple and the one on the right is a pink plate coral.
they look sorta blue because of the light that is on them but in actualality there pink heres a pic of it full with all of the lights on. Thanks for the complement have a great day!

laddy

Originally Posted by teviesfish
A couple of people have said that... however we already had them at the time. All were living together already and so far so good.. been 4 months and not any problems...we will cross our fingers and if there is a problem we will switch them... got three tanks total
I'd add one more! Given a big enough tank its a misconception that ocellaris will turn on groups larger than three. What will happen is a hierarchy will be established, one will assume the role of female, one will assume the role of male, and the rest will remain juviniles. You should be fine. The hippo tang may be a problem when it get bigger though!

teviesfish

Originally Posted by Laddy
I'd add one more! Given a big enough tank its a misconception that ocellaris will turn on groups larger than three. What will happen is a hierarchy will be established, one will assume the role of female, one will assume the role of male, and the rest will remain juviniles. You should be fine. The hippo tang may be a problem when it get bigger though!
Thanks for the input. That is what i have read and what the lfs has said about me having four in there. if you noticed in the side view of my tank not only do i have 110 pounds of live rock and corals but i have A LOT of swim space for my fish. There are not going to be any further additions of fish into my tank so i think i have done a pretty good job of allowing for room. I have seen some tanks with WAY overstocking and its like there is no swimming room and those people have two or three tangs in thier tanks. Our blue hippo is the only one that is going to get big. And we were very careful to make sure not to add anything that would croud her because she is what we really wanted so we got her and bought around her for tanks mates. Thanks so much as your comments are always welcome. Love to hear what you have to say too! Was hoping you would respond Have a wonderful week!

puffer32

I would move the plates into the sand, they don't like being on rocks, they are beautiful btw. I had a 75 gal inwall with 8 fish and was told it was overstocked, you have me beat, but I did weekly water changes and never had a problem with my water going south. Good luck

L

lbaskball

I like your plate corals,. I would keep your plate corals where they areinstead of the sand. I heard most of them die when placed in the sand due to lack of oxygination underneath them. How long have you had the plate corals?

puffer32

Originally Posted by lbaskball
I like your plate corals,. I would keep your plate corals where they areinstead of the sand. I heard most of them die when placed in the sand due to lack of oxygination underneath them. How long have you had the plate corals?
Absolutely not true.
They need a flat surface, preferably soft so the disk doesn't get damaged as they creep along. Also when they move, they can take a tumble off the rocks and get damaged.

teviesfish

Originally Posted by puffer32
I would move the plates into the sand, they don't like being on rocks, they are beautiful btw. I had a 75 gal inwall with 8 fish and was told it was overstocked, you have me beat, but I did weekly water changes and never had a problem with my water going south. Good luck

I had my plates in the sand but the tunsi was covering them with sand by morning... and they seem to love being under the light like that. Today one ate a big chunk of shrimp!

teviesfish

Originally Posted by lbaskball
I have had them for about three months. The love where they are at. Just seem to be thriving. It is where my lfs had them and so i tried to have them about the same lighting and flow that he did. Thanks! Have a great week!

teviesfish

Absolutely not true.
They need a flat surface, preferably soft so the disk doesn't get damaged as they creep along. Also when they move, they can take a tumble off the rocks and get damaged.
this is what i read:
Water Current: Plate corals prefer low to moderate water flow. Optimum is enough to lightly wave its tentacles.
Aggressiveness: High. The Plate coral packs a fairly powerful sting similar to an anemone and this is aggravated by the fact that it also has the habit of moving itself by inflating its tissues and floating around a little. It is usually best to pen the Plate coral in using small rocks to prevent its wandering.
Tank Positioning: Should be placed on the bottom of the tank on the sandy substrate. As noted above, penning it in with small rocks is a good idea to prevent it from wandering.
I read this and had them on the bottom in the sand but like i said... the tunzi wave machine literaly had them covered them in sand. So i thought..rather then choke them to death id try higher up to lighter flow. And they seem to have thrived there. So far i havent seen them even budge to move but then they are slightly anchored with surrounding rock so they dont tip and fall.

puffer32

Well looks like you got it covered, good luck with them. I had one in my old tank and I had trouble keeping it from getting covered with sand, so i placed it on a flat rock off the sand bed, the outter ridge started losing tissue due to it scraping the rock when it moved. I was told it moved because it didn't like being on the rock at all. I had to place it back in the sand where it did get sand blown on it, but I guess not like your wave maker . Here's a pic of mine on the rock.

teviesfish

Well looks like you got it covered, good luck with them. I had one in my old tank and I had trouble keeping it from getting covered with sand, so i placed it on a flat rock off the sand bed, the outter ridge started losing tissue due to it scraping the rock when it moved. I was told it moved because it didn't like being on the rock at all. I had to place it back in the sand where it did get sand blown on it, but I guess not like your wave maker . Here's a pic of mine on the rock.

how will i be able to tell if the tissue is getting worn? My wave machine was covering it completely. Were you wouldnt even be able to see it at all. If you let me know what to look for i can watch for it and if i need to maybe there is a dial on my machine to lower the movement a bit so they can try to get back to the sand. Who knows but something to think about. They also say they like alot of light so that was another reason that i went with them closer to the top?

puffer32

My plates tenicles on the very edge were starting to disappear and the edge of the rim was losing its color, but my plate appears more flat then yours does, so that might make a difference. I may be wrong, but your plates are not real flat like mine, could be from sitting on an uneven hard surface :notsure: Not sure you could put them back in the sandbed if they would get completely covered, better to leave them where they are if they are staying healthy, thoug i would be concerned about the skeleton warping, becoming mishapen, just keep an eye on them, to pretty to lose because of a wavemaker IMO. As far as lighting goes, I don't think they need real strong lighting, mine was at the bottom of 260 watts of PC.