Pics of 75 gal

teviesfish

Originally Posted by puffer32
My plates tenicles on the very edge were starting to disappear and the edge of the rim was losing its color, but my plate appears more flat then yours does, so that might make a difference. I may be wrong, but your plates are not real flat like mine, could be from sitting on an uneven hard surface :notsure: Not sure you could put them back in the sandbed if they would get completely covered, better to leave them where they are if they are staying healthy, thoug i would be concerned about the skeleton warping, becoming mishapen, just keep an eye on them, to pretty to lose because of a wavemaker IMO. As far as lighting goes, I don't think they need real strong lighting, mine was at the bottom of 260 watts of PC.
Going to talk to hubby today about moving them down for awhile to see if i can try that again. Might take some tinkering wiht the wave today first.

teviesfish

Originally Posted by puffer32
I hope it works out for you, let me know how it goes.
Moved them today actually. To the sand. That made an empty space two actually so you know what that means....yup bought some new ones and they should be shipped soon. Can't wait. Do you think that one will flatten back out? I hope so. It still eats and has great coloring so i am hoping they will adapt well down on the sand. With that tunzi wave machine its really nice because its one unit and isnt going to over heat my tank. There was an adjustment on the brain box so i did turn it down a bit. Nothing major but i might move it back a bit to help it to not move so much sand. Another plus is no dead spots with that baby.. not to mention only one pump to look. Thanks for the advice on the plates. Anything to help them adapt? Have a great week!

krazy302

Do you have your live rock leaning up against the glass on the back of the tank..If so is that OK to do.. I have a 75gallon also and have about 40lbs of rock in it so far and I am having fun trying to get the pieces to stay were I put them..

teviesfish

Originally Posted by Krazy302
Do you have your live rock leaning up against the glass on the back of the tank..If so is that OK to do.. I have a 75gallon also and have about 40lbs of rock in it so far and I am having fun trying to get the pieces to stay were I put them..
No actually i only have a few peices leaning against the back. Most of it is like a backwards C.... so there is a cavern on the back side with full swimming range back there. Only about four peices of rock are sitting against the glass. not like i am going to clean the glass back there. thats what my cleaner crew is for. I used apoxy to get rocks to stay where i wanted. Good luck and post some pictures!!! Have a great night