Pics of my 155 Aggressive tank

gmbnj

It is not easy trying to get a close up of the clown trigger. He never sits still ever!
As for the triggers with other fish, it is tricky but as long as the sizes are different and they are WELL fed, you can have some success.

gmbnj

last one, I am sure some people are sick of my tank by now.
The niger trigger is the king of the tank. I have had him for almost 5 years and he is still growing. He likes to let everone know its his tank and if they live by his rules, its okay.
He will nite bite the other fish, he will just size them up.

gmbnj

Well it happened, I lost a fish.
After 2 months, my Niger decided to eat one of my cleaner wrasses. The funny thing is that as he still had his head in his mouth, the other cleaner wrasse was still cleaning the Niger.
My fiance and I were watching the fish as we usual do and we noticed that one cleaner wrasse was missing. I saw him hiding in a barnacle and then I guess he felt safe, swam out and out of nowhere, the nasty NIger had him.
I am going to get a 75 gallon this weekend to put my Niger and undualtes in. They will have the whole tank to themselves.

I

irenicus

I have to say.. I love your tank. Hope the aggression doesn't get out of hand, I see one guy in there that may cause some problems later on (Clown Trigger.) Let me know how things go. Best wishes!

gmbnj

I am going to buy a 55 or 75 gallon this weekend to house my Niger and undualtus.
I think all we be great then. My clown trigger is okay, but when the NIger comes out, the clown may get mean. If so, he will also go into the new tank.
I love my angels and I will not let them get beat up.
For the most part, they all do live happily with the Niger making sure every knows he is the biggest.
I will post pics of the new tank next week.

gmbnj

I just called my friend who is a fish wholesaler.
I got a 75 gallon tank, stand, canopy and bio wheel filter for $330.00.
That is cheap! I will also hook up an extra fluval 404 I have and fluidized bed filter to the tank.
It will be perfect for 2 triggers.

gmbnj

There are many factors in keeping fish healthy. I did remove the Niger trigegr and put him in my 75 gallon, he was getting a little too aggressive for me.
I do 20% water changes every week. I also use garlic, Zoe and some other vitamins in all of there food .
I feed twice a day and I have over filtration with lots of current.

frozenice

Hey..... let me start off by saying that i idol you.
I love the fish that you have... wish i had the $$ for those beauties. The reason I am posting is bcuz i want to know if you have any coral in your tank... if so, seeing that it is an aggressive tank, i would like to know what coral you have that your fish are not killing, also any inverts that are living in ur tank..urchins..crabs etc. Thanks in advance. Great tank.

roggy23

wow 20% water changes weekly? isnt that too much, i wonder if thats your secret, i thought 20% a month was too much...