pics of my 2.5 nano

nemo lover

updated pics- just did some new aqua scaping so every thing is'nt completly open yet, but I couldn't wait. I ordered some epoxy when that comes in I plan on doing some more
aqua scaping. I was having a hudge problem with not being able to clean the glass on the sides. I tried to center everything away from the sides and front abit more.
I also have a couple questions?
does any one use the 25/50 watt ultra compact heater from finnex? supposed to be super small like 4 or 5 inches. Just wondering how good it is?
also I already asked in a differt forum, but maybe someone might be able to give me more advice.
I have a pest aiptasia that came on a new frag ,It has moved, and left babys along the way. I ordered joes juice. The problem is right now it has settled in right in the middle of a colony of my favorite zoos. When I use joes juice will the white stuff affect the zoas around the aiptasia? I just see no way of the stuff not getting on them.

nemo lover

the last pic is where the bigger aiptasia decided to land. what a p.i.t.a.!
I couldn't get the full tank shot good some I tried to lighten the picture so you can see it a little better.. I nead a better camera so sooo bad.

bchbum189

wow im really impressed with how much is going on in there, looks like a big tank.....yet not, and doesnt look all crammed in there. about how much lr is in there?

nemo lover

Thank you for the complements. Try working in there it feels really cramped. Trying to aqua scape is a pita. but I can't wait to get the epoxy, I am going to rearrange one more time. I made like a cave under the lr, the cleaner shrimp hangs out in thier.
yeah the colors are pretty nice.
I'm still trying to find nicely colored zoanthids for the tank. I would like to add some red, and maybe some purpleish colored morphs. Then I 'm done with stocking. Then i'll just sit back, and watch it grow.

nemo lover

nope.. super small. Scratch out red zoanthids from my list. I got some red safe crackers this weekend at a frag swap. :D

flux

What kind of filtration is on that? I have been thinking about setting up a small tank with just coral in it, but don’t know quite how to go about it. Does it need everything a normal reef tank needs like a skimmer?

nemo lover

Flux-
For filtraton I use two ac mini hobs made into refugiums one with cheto, and the other for misc equip.(heater, auto top off, thermometer). I have a hob 7 watt lamp that stays on it 24/7. I have 4lbs of tonga brancy l/r, and about 3lbs of l/s. My clean up crew is various snails(nerite,serith,nass). I test my water frequently, and do water changes weekly. I run 48 watts of power compacts in my hood. I use three 13 watt 50/50s, and one 9 watt atinic. More than enough light. My auto top off helps keep the water parameters stable. I do not run a skimmer on this tank, but I did on all my other tanks. Flux is this your first tank?

flux

Yeah this is my first saltwater tank. I had piranhas and turtles (not in the same tanks) before that. I have a 20L with a 10g fuge.

teresaq1

Nemo, love your little tank. I have some nice green stripped mushrooms and yellow poyps that would look good in there
no, really, it looks great, lots of color in there.

nemo lover

Teresa- yeah I am still willing to trade with you. But because my tank is so small my frags are small too. I am trying to get a little more grow out first. I still have your e-mail. So when their ready I will mail you asap. :D

teresaq

Hey Nemo, hows it going. I just started a 12 gal nano. Still have my 55 gal too.Your tank is looking really good.

gamedawg

Can you post pics of the whole tank next to something for size comparison? I have a 4 gallon, and it is crazy to think there is a smaller tank out there.

nemo lover

thanks all
Teresa- Those are the older pics.. I haven't had much time to dowload any new ones. How's the twelve going? Post some pics. I got a tank from oceana(60gal), I just finished. I have the L/R curing. I also got a 29 from my cousin for almost free with the whole works. Hopefully soon I will have the ocean in my third floor apartment .. lol. No J/K I'm hopefully moving soon, so I am trying to hold out on setting it up. I will post some more pics soon.

bronco300

that is awesome, i love your zoos!!!!! i cant wait to get some blue and red ones in mine, cant go wrong with em
great job with it!