Pics of my 600 Gallon Being Installed!!!!

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by sleasia
That's a nice sun conure and what do you have? 6 dogs???? 6 dogs, a conure, and a 600 gallon tank!!...Frank that's alot of work!!! I have three kids, two dogs, 10 parakeets three goldfish and a 200 gallon fowlr and inverts and I'm fried with just that load...
Try 100 something birds when I used to raise them. I also had 8 bunnies, 3 dogs, a fish tank, a bug tank(raising meal worms for my birds), and 3 geese. Right now I only have a Blue & Gold Macaw, a Siberian Husky, and 6 fish tanks(3 salt & 3 fresh). :happyfish

frank2005

tc is the best with my other dogs hes the father of them all he keeps them all in check...i guess i should say what else i have 4 chinchillas, 6 ferrets, 20 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 4 love birds that are ALWAYS laying eggs and having babies, a 24 gallon freshwater tank, and 3 bunnies :hilarious

frank2005

and i used to have a springer spaniel and 2 siberian huskies until they got mean and i didnt want to put my other dogs at risk so they went and i learned the hard way with the springer...i had bought a eskimoo poodle mix and i was bbq-ing and spunky was right in between my legs and the springer spaniel came over and bit it right on the nose destroying its airway..obviously i had to put spunky to sleep and i got rid of the springer...and i also bought another pekingese from this lady but it turns out she had a digestive disorder and could only eat the food the doctor gave her but with six dogs its hard to make sure she doesnt sneak over and eat someone elses food so now my parents have her...i just love animals

sleasia

Mikeyjer...i meant to say that you have a beautiful macaw! I always wanted a "real" parrot but with the kids I'm worried they will get their fingers nipped... the budgies were dumped at the lfs and free so I brought them all home. So it sounds like you had your doolittle days...one of my parakeets has a weird growth (warty looking) on its eyelid...I'm at work and can't post a pic...maybe you know what I should do about it if anything?

sleasia

whoa...Frank...I guess your dr doolittle. chinchillas must be cool...always thought they were so cute...
Also coonskinner. when you go to the plumbing dept of the big orange home store where the pvc pipes are...they have boxes with both a pvc priming can and a pvc cement can...each can has an applicator in the lid. you paint the pvc with primer first on the two sides you will join, let it dry, then paint on the pvc cement on both sides to be joined then put them together snuggly and give a turn...let dry 24 hours, or 48 if you can before you use it. It just glues automatically with a waterproof seal as long as you thoroughly coat the joining pieces...Its easy. If you have cut the pvc, just sand it a bit to get all the burs off before coating with primer and cement, to be sure it will still join smoothly.
:

mikeyjer

Mikeyjer...i meant to say that you have a beautiful macaw! I always wanted a "real" parrot but with the kids I'm worried they will get their fingers nipped... the budgies were dumped at the lfs and free so I brought them all home. So it sounds like you had your doolittle days...one of my parakeets has a weird growth (warty looking) on its eyelid...I'm at work and can't post a pic...maybe you know what I should do about it if anything?

I remember seeing a picture of what your describing. I wish I could remember what it was, I think it's some sort of infection. Best thing to do is by taking it to a avian vet. I remember watching a show on tv of this lady building rooms just for her birds. She has kids around as well and they all interact with the birds, Macaws, Cockatoos, etc. The birds never harm those kids since their mom taught them how to handle birds. But I would never trust a parrot's beak, they should always be kept away from your face at all time no matter how tame they are!!! When I used to raise Cockatiels, I handfed all the babies so they were well trained and tamed and sometimes they will still bite me just because they're upset about something and sometimes draw blood. But other times they're the sweetest thing. But they have a much smaller beak that don't do much harm. I've read too many incident of parrots scar their owner's face for life. :happyfish

sleasia

Well, I shouldn't carry on on frank's thread but here is a quick pic of the eye problem if either frank or you know what to do about it???

frank2005

ive been looking at zoos online and there are soooo many wonderful colors so im putting in an order for 15 zoo frags (all different colors) for 150 bucks and i was wondering how do you go about fragging them because i plan on having a lot in my new tank and i wanted to be able to sell them to my lfs for credit or just trade them/give them away to people...any advice would be wonderful

birdmom

Sleasia,
About your budgie's eye, it looks a bit like "avian Papillomavirus" I am not an avian vet but have raised birds for years & am currently owned by an African Grey & a blue Budgie. I would definatly have an avian vet take a look at that ASAP. Your post stated that you had other birds & if this is papillomavirus it is highly contagious. feel free to email me if you wish.
Birdmom

mikeyjer

Well, I shouldn't carry on on frank's thread but here is a quick pic of the eye problem if either frank or you know what to do about it???
I have seen that in one of my books before, but I can not find that book right now. It's been sooooo long ago that I could not remember exactly what it is. I researched it for about 2 hours tonight and couldn't find it. I'll keep on looking and let you know the result. I'll search through my past bird magazines and see if I can find that picture. I would highly suggest in taking that bird to a Avian Vet for a checkup. If it's infectious, it can be transmitted to your other birds as well. :happyfish

frank2005

here are some pics of the zoos that are in my 150 that are going to be moved into my big tank soon..still getting final touches done..i ordered 15 zoo frags and just ordered a new camera just for my tank..its amazing...not all the zoos have opened up so ill post what i have so far...