Pics of my Ten Gallon

jake15

This is my ten gallon reef tank, so far so good. I haven lost anything yet and i just got a 96 watt quad light and made moonlights. Let me know what you think and I am totally open for any suggetions to my aqua-scape or things to buy and what i need to change.
Jake

jake15

Thanks, It has been up for about 8 months (i think) and has come a lond way. The sand is out of my friends 110 but i think it is AG. Live Sand with a little CC in it.

bigpete

awesome looking tank. really good set up. in regards to the star, dont be discouraged. if that is an orange linkia, i know they are one of the hardiest stars in the hobby, if not the hardiest. if they run out of algae, which would be rare, they have plenty to scanvenge on. who knows, old mysis shrimp, pellets, detritus whatever. they are delicate but i think with propper water perameters you will enjoy him for a long time. im not arguing anyone, i just think he has one of the easiest stars to care for. but anyway, looks really good!

jake15

Im not to worried about the Star for now. He has been fine for almost 3-4 months. Although he did lose his leg due to a power head. Thank you for your comments

Yeah, he has been "fine" for 3-4 months... it will only take him around 4 more months to die of starvation, because stars can not survive with such a scarce amount of rock. People say that stars need at least 100 pounds of live rock to do well, but IMO, that Is way to little still, even if it were a linkia, which it is not.
However, I do like the selection of corals that you have chosen for your aquarium, it brings out your purple firefish well.
I just think that you should be worried about the star for NOW, not later, like you have seemed to suggested.

rubberduck

Originally Posted by bigpete
awesome looking tank. really good set up. in regards to the star, dont be discouraged. if that is an orange linkia, i know they are one of the hardiest stars in the hobby, if not the hardiest. if they run out of algae, which would be rare, they have plenty to scanvenge on. who knows, old mysis shrimp, pellets, detritus whatever. they are delicate but i think with propper water perameters you will enjoy him for a long time. im not arguing anyone, i just think he has one of the easiest stars to care for. but anyway, looks really good!
first off as far as it goes that is not a linkia. second what are you talking about. linkias need 2+ hour aklimation and are very sensative to water paremiters. it will take 6 months to starve. Plus they dont feed on mysis. They are not hardy with high mortality rate. plz do the research before answering.
travis

jobob

do u run a skimmer on the tank?? or just the big emperor on it? looking good. i just started a 10gal up too. but i really dont wanna have to take water from my 55gal every week so i was hopeing on getitn a remora on it. is that a monti digita? just wondering i have the same light. and i love montiporas.

jake15

It is skimmer less, i have a fluval 304 on it, whisper 60 fliter filled with live rock and reef carbon, a power head and lots of hermits/snails. As for the linka, i am trading it to a buddy for a couple frags. I thank you for your advice. I do a 2 gallon water change every other week and its been stable so far.

bigpete

Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK
first off as far as it goes that is not a linkia. second what are you talking about. linkias need 2+ hour aklimation and are very sensative to water paremiters. it will take 6 months to starve. Plus they dont feed on mysis. They are not hardy with high mortality rate. plz do the research before answering.
travis
instead of bashing me, help the kid out then and give him some advice. i made an honest mistake with identification. my bad

keith burn

Originally Posted by keith burn
The star, not much l/r?
How big?
Sorry about all the bad posts.
I like the tank it looks good.
Again sorry
keith